Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost 3 weeks in and sorry for no updates

Quote Originally Posted by cantwait View Post
    "spent a beautiful week of sunshine, swimming and playing with Mum, Dad and her sister Daisy" -- oh Yay! that's what it's about...and maybe she just wanted to make sure you all got to your new home safely before she said, "my job is done". As hard as I imagine that was (oye, I just cannot imagine your grief & my heart goes out to you), ...what a happy ending for your doggy! Playing and swimming and knowing Daisy will "watch out for you" from here forward... I don't know you, but a hug from a fellow dog-lover. -Debi
    ((((What beautiful thoughts.))))

Just wanted to echo all the hugs and thoughts from the other replies... I too am glad the last days were filled with playing...
    From a fellow dog lover xxx

Quote Originally Posted by cantwait View Post
    "spent a beautiful week of sunshine, swimming and playing with Mum, Dad and her sister Daisy" -- oh Yay! that's what it's about...and maybe she just wanted to make sure you all got to your new home safely before she said, "my job is done". As hard as I imagine that was (oye, I just cannot imagine your grief & my heart goes out to you), ...what a happy ending for your doggy! Playing and swimming and knowing Daisy will "watch out for you" from here forward... I don't know you, but a hug from a fellow dog-lover. -Debi
    April - welcome to NZ and so sorry for the loss of your dog. I think though Cantwait made a lovely note above which sums it all up.
    My heart goes out to you.

Thank you all so much for your lovely thoughts and messages. We miss her like hell but wouldn't ever have wanted to be without her in her last days. We now have her ashes in a beautiful Rimu box with a lovely engraving. Plus a fabulous photo of her on her last day - she looks so lovely and happy - and especially beautiful.

Well life has started to get going again a little - suffice to say I now have the red line creeping up one of my veins in the left arm from sandfly bites. I am on tablets and more tablets but have a huge felt tip drawing on my arm from the doc showing the spread of the infection and the vein 'tracks' which it must not go beyond - apparently then I'll get sepsis and go into shock! We're under orders to re-present at the doctors tonight if the line doesn't recede. Well things really couldn't get much better!

You may be surprised to know that, despite everything - I actually love it here - almost everything, and just so wish our start had been better. For Poppy's sake though - she did make this hellish journey after all - we will do everything in our power to ensure we make this work - no matter how tough. It was our dream and it still can come true if we just get past the rough bits.

Thanks all of you for your support. So much of what I needed to say here cannot be said to family back home as they'd only worry sick.

xx

Sending lots of best wishes for your health, and glad the doctor is taking it properly seriously. (It sounds as if you've found a good one.) Do let us know how you get on. (((()))

I was sorry to hear about your dog. My foxy has kept me going over here, so I know how important animals are.
    As for the bite, its that Uk blood they like, as time goes on you get less bites, really!
    Good luck to you all.

o no im so sorry to hear that, they really are family and it hurts so much when losing one. its sound like she had a lovely week..

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

So, so sorry to hear about your sad loss. But cantwait expressed it wonderfully, even if it did make me well up! Wishing you all the very best for your new life.

Our pup starts her journey a week on Monday (US time) and I'm so worried about her

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12