Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tricks or Treats?

One thing about NZ... I miss Halloween.
    I always loved the openness of trick or treating, how you could go up to your neighbors and knock on the doors and talk to them, when the rest of the year you spend your time avoiding eye contact. NZ is a bit more open, so it's not as big of a deal. Also I'd guess the whole back house phenomenon isn't conducive to trick or treating.

in a way i'm glad the UK version of halloween has not been taken to NZ since as usual we found the USA variant and turned it into something really dark and wierd... When I was a kid back home (south somerset) we did all the traditional All souls things mosetly because my family is mongrel Brit islanders with a strong blend of Celtic traditions that infected our neighbourhood. now of course its about making sure you have the supplies to remove the to remove the egg and toilet papaer from your property! Methinks perhaps a giant "exPat" halloween party.....????

I think NZ is late to the Halloween tradition but it is catching on slowly. Back when I lived in Devonport- you noticed quite a lot of activity during this period, kids in costumes going out for their treats but nothing so far where I now stay at Browns Bay. A bit sad though....

Wink Trick or Treat

We had a great Halloween this year!!!
    And very cool costumes

...and Tinker Bell was protected by Ninja from a Zombie
    Last edited by vionz; 3rd November 2010 at 08:24 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123