Thread: Living separately after apply PR (de facto)

Unhappy Living separately after apply PR (de facto)

Hi Everyone,

I am new here but I have been reading this forum for a while. I appreciate all of your help.

I am going to apply for PR under partnership (de facto). I applied for work visa/permit under partnership (de facto) 2th August 2010 and approved 21st Sep 2010 which will expire on 17 Nov 2011.

Now, I have all of the evidence that I can apply PR but my partner has just gotten a job at Wellington and he has to move there the end of Nov 2010. The problem is I cannot move to there because I just got a job in Auckland. If I submit PR in the early Nov before he move to Wellington, will I have any problems to prove that we are still living in a genuine and stable relationship.

Does anyone have any experience with a case like this? We are still in a committed relationship, but we are just not sure if living separately for a while will affect the application.

Another question is do I need to summit my original passport when I summit PR? It will take such a long processing time and I need to use my passport to go back to my country for my sister wedding party in Jan 2011 for three weeks.

Thanks in advance,

Nikki

Hello and welcome.

If you have plenty of partnership evidence to the date of the application, before he moves, I would think your application might well just go through on that alone, given that the CO will be looking back at what you've already submitted for the partner-sponsored work permit, and this will be in effect just a top-up. However, IN CASE there is some hitch that causes INZ to come back to you on any details, you should probably make sure that you keep careful records of your contacts, continuing interdependence and time spent together, as further proof if necessary.

Sorry, I don't know about the passport.

My OH applied for PR in Auckland, once he was assigned a CO (about 5 months after the application was submitted) they asked for evidence of our continuing relationship for the past 3 months, I think we submitted some more bills in both our names and joint bank statements.

He just had to send his passport into immigration once he had received the approval letter, along with the migrant levy, to get the sticker put in his passport.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have submitted the application today and paid for the fee$ 700.00 plus GST 15.56

Also, I attached my original passport with the application because my friend told me that immigration will send it back to me within one - two weeks.

Hope that is true and everything goes well