Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore math books

Question Singapore math books

Does anyone know where to buy Singapore math books in Auckland?
    I am teaching my kids this curriculum and I was wondering if I can find them over there, otherwise I'll need to order some upper grade levels books in US before we leave.

In US a few bookstores sell them and also you can buy them from this website:
    singaporemath.com

Thank you

I would buy them and bring them with you. I have not seen anything. I have been looking for Saxon Math here and they don't have it.
    I also like Singapore math and would have noticed if I had seen any along the way.

Maybe someone else will come along with better info. But the easiest and cheapest way to handle this is just to bring it with you when you come.

I am having to get my mother to track down the curricula I need in the US and ship it to me.

Check out trademe and ebay in Australia too. Saxon and Singapore math are both quite popular among homeschoolers in the UK so you might find other expats out here (and in Oz) with them if you can't get them locally.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_...All-Categories

HTH

ETA: tho probably cheaper to get shipped direct from America here, unless you've got rellies that hop the ditch often and that seller will combine postage.
    Last edited by Kanga; 29th October 2010 at 10:25 AM.

I live in Singapore. So if you guys need any help with the books, I might be able to help purchase it and send it over just pm me

Quote Originally Posted by fayevalentine View Post
    I live in Singapore. So if you guys need any help with the books, I might be able to help purchase it and send it over just pm me
    I guess you don't call it "Singapore math" over there, do you?

Probably just "Math"

Quote Originally Posted by fayevalentine View Post
    Thank you fayevalentine, that is very nice of you
    Fortunately I am still in the US, leaving to NZ in 3 weeks. I have purchased already the books for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades and my kids work on those. We don't need 4th, 5th and 6th grade books yet, but it appears based on previous comments we can't find them easily in NZ. So, I'll also purchase those before we leave. I love this curriculum, it encourages active thinking, communication of mathematical ideas and problem solving and it develops the foundation students will need for more advanced mathematics. I love the idea of textbooks and workbooks, you can keep track what kids actually work on and also get a better idea where they are struggling more.

My wife normally gets the text books from Popular Book Store. Not sure if they will ship to NZ but you can ask.

Popular

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
    I guess you don't call it "Singapore math" over there, do you?

Probably just "Math"

I never knew the Singaporean Math(s) syllabus is held in high regards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast