Thread: Part Time Offer Skilled Employment

Default Part Time Offer Skilled Employment

OH and I are currently in NZ on a work to residence visa. OH has just received an offer of permanent skilled employment for 24 hours per week. As I am the principal applicant we would have to submit another EOI with OH as the principal applicant this time. We have got in touch with our current Immigration Officer and she suggested that the skilled employment must be full-time to qualify. However when looking at the skilled employment section of the INZ website I can't find anything that states the skilled employment must have a set number of minimum hours. The job offer falls under category A on the ANZSCO. Can anyone help clarify this? Thanks.
    Last edited by Twunky; 29th October 2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling

SM7.15a states that

Skilled employment only qualifies for points if the employment is:

1. full time (employment is full-time if it amounts to, on average, at least 30 hours per week); and

Hope this helps.

SM7.15 Additional requirements for skilled employment sections a (iv) and c refer to medical practitioners and midwives.

Only section b seems relevant to our position as it is not a medical position that has been offered and section b makes no mention of minimum hours.

Any further suggestions?

I don't think the fact that those particular sections refer to medical practitioners prevents the other parts applying to anybody/everybody. Like the last poster, I've always understood from reading other forumites' experience that a job offer needs to be f/t to qualify.