Thread: Settled today!

Smile Settled today!

All finally went smoothly today, though there was a part where I was just a tad nervous. Our solicitors confirmed the money was through and faxed it through to the vendor's solicitors, then got confirmation from them. 20 minutes later we're waiting in the estate agents office and the vendor's solicitors called the vendor's agent and said they'd not heard from my solicitors and would sit on their hands and do nothing until they did (my words ). So I called my solicitors who were surprised, but who got in touch with the vendor's solicitors for a second time, and got re-confirmation. Then we finally got the keys.

That wasn't the really fun part, though. That happened when we were just about to leave to go to the estate agent's office to get the keys. The vendor's agent called to say that the receptionist for the office we'd agreed to get the keys from, had called in sick. She said she (the agent) had to go to another office, so she was going to - get this, it's classic! - leave the keys with the bloke that owns the dairy next-door!!! Unbelievable. So I told her that we were leaving the house right then, to come to the agreed-upon office, and she got the hint and stayed put.

We got a little bag of goodies with the keys - a bottle of sav (no bubbles ! ), a packet of Ritz crackers, a packet of ginger snaps, a packet of sour cream & chives chippies and ... a tin of red kidney beans.

I'm just relieved it's all over!

Congrats, M, hope you and yours have many happy days in your new home.

Kristina

Thanks Kristina! Haven't seen you in ages, hope all is well

Hope you soon feel at home in your new home.

Enjoy the beans

So do the beans mean something special here?!?! Good luck? Never go hungry? Or maybe you will be too poor now that you own the house to eat? lol Congrats! Hope you have a wonderful time moving in and making it your own.

Congrats, M-Squared, on your new home!!!

Enjoy the feast and brew!!!