Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another WTR Visa Issued from Shanghai

Default Another WTR Visa Issued from Shanghai

Hi Everyone,

The Shanghai branch issued a WTR visa for me yesterday and the passport is one the way back. First of all I must thank each one of you for all the valuable information you have posted in this forum.

If I look back to the day I submitted by EOI to the pool, 16/June/2008, I never thought I'm going to spend the next 28 months (~2.5 years) staring at the NZIS website waiting to see the final decision. To be frank, if I knew I was about to stuck on such a lengthy process, I would have definitely considered some other country in need of Skilled Employees as an alternative.

Shanghai branch sucks. If I’m asked, I would say it’s the worst branch in the NZIS network. Most of the Asian applications are handled by the the Shanghai and Beijing branches and I have read many bad experiences some of our Asian forumites have gone through while dealing with these branches. I see the trend of issuing WTR to Asians instead of PR as discrimination. If not, can somebody think of a good reason for doing so? I have only came across 2 people in this forum who got PR right away from Shanghai/Beijing. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyway, with all these mixed feelings, still I’m anxiously waiting to make my move in January hoping to start a better life in my dream destination.

/Beetle

Congratulation!
    Just forget how much time you spent in all this process, the ultimate result is, you have the work visa of NZ and now you are allowed to go there and find the work in your field of specialization, and you got this visa at the right time. You can fly in January, from January to September is the hiring time there, so you can try your luck.I personally feel, now you have to think the positive side of the outcome, prepare yourself for the upcoming challenges, need to do lots of home work.

Good luck

Hi Beetle
    Best of luck and wishing you in getting a job soon next year
    Cheers

Congratulations Beetle!!
    Try to see it in this way: you know much more about NZ than 2,5 years ago (you're more prepared), the waiting is over (your hard work on this is paid off), you'll find work in NZ according to your qualification (you'll convert your WTR into PR)!
    And of course you'll get some of these to cheer you up:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the greetings.
    No I'm not having second thoughts of moving to NZ. How can I miss this hard earned opportunity.

BTW, a couple of points to remember for those who are in the process:

• Once you submit the WTR application, it gets handled by someone called a Support Officer, not your Case Officer. They only took 14 calender days to issue the visa. Pretty fast compared to the complete timeline.
    • If you want to track the documents, on its way back, ask your Support Officer for a tracking ID and to notify you via email once the package is handed over to the courier. They will send you the DHL tracking ID that you can use on the courier's website.

/Beetle

Congratulations and all the best!

“Something is better than nothing” beetle, congratulation and wish you all the best!

@Beetle

Congratulations! Wish you all the lucks and the best on your preparations in going to NZ soon.

It's really quite a long wait for you; there might be many lapses for Shanghai Branch, but we really don't have any ideas behind these reasons. We know everything has its own purpose. Finally the waiting game is over. :-)

After all, most of us are riding in the same boat of waiting game. Our WTR approval also came out after almost 1 year and 6months of the whole process. Indeed it was worth the wait...

...just live and enjoy each day while in the waiting game. Somehow we all have to go through all these things, for us to appreciate the RESULT OF OUR HARDWORK along with prayers and high hopes!

CHEERS beetle!...Part 2 of the game has just started...
    Last edited by emem297; 31st October 2010 at 03:31 AM.

Congratulations!

A word of caution for all Asian migrants, pls read this:

http://www.immigration.co.nz/new-zea...-to-Resid.aspx

http://www.immigration.co.nz/new-zea...d-Beijing.aspx

http://www.immigration.co.nz/new-zea...s-in-2010.aspx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast