Thread: Can I take over blue ticket from primary applicant?

Default Can I take over blue ticket from primary applicant?

Due to family commitments we had to return to uk (me after 4 months husband 6) I am now able to return but he now has to stay longer than the extention on the visa allows. Can I return to NZ and complete our residence as we desperately want NZ to be our permanant home. Very worried as time is running out. Thank you for any help.

Hello and welcome.

What permit were you in NZ on? PR? What extension do you mean?

We are on a returning residents visa, it got extened to be valid another year due to not being able to return last year. Thanks for responding.

For IRRV:
    To be eligible you must:
    •have been the principal applicant in your original residence application, or be included in a Returning Resident's Visa application by the original principal applicant.
    •have held a residence permit at a time which was a minimum of two years before you apply.
    •met any requirements previously imposed under section 18A of the Immigration Act.
    and
    •you have spent a lot of time in New Zealand already – 184 days or more in every year for the past two years

or one of the following ways:

◦you have tax residence status here - you have spent 41 days or more in each of the two years in New Zealand and you are assessed by the Inland Revenue Department as being a resident tax payer for the past two years.
    ◦you have acceptable investments here either as a Business Investor or in another residence category.
    ◦you have successfully established a business here that has been trading for at least 12 months.
    ◦you have established a base here – this depends on the time you and your family have spend here, whether you own a home, whether you have a fulltime job.

Am I eligible for a 12 month Returning Resident’s Visa?
    To be eligible you must:
    •have been the principal applicant in your original residence application, or be included in a Returning Resident's Visa application by the original principal applicant.
    •have held a residence permit at a time which was a minimum of one year before you apply.
    •met any requirements previously imposed under section 18A of the Immigration Act.
    and

•you have spent a lot of time in New Zealand already – 184 days or more in at least one year of the past two years
    or

•you have tax residence status here -you have spent 41 days or more in at least one of the last two years in New Zealand and you are assessed by the Inland Revenue Department as being a resident tax payer for one year of the past two years.