Thread: MAF and a piano, anyone?

Default MAF and a piano, anyone?

I've just thought of something about MAF checks which hasn't occurred to me before.

If you've brought in a piano, did they take it to bits to look for spiders, webs, and creepy crawlies? And if they did, were they careful?

We have several 19th-century pump organs, which have even more delicate innards than a piano. I've been thinking how, when the time comes, we'll have an unusual container-load. We got a 'new' one yesterday, 1878, and it wasn't till I looked in the back of that one, which actually has been kept in much more favourable conditions than some of them, and saw all the dust and grethage inside, that I thought about the biosecurity angle, oh lucky me...

They didn't ask to look at ours either time, but I'm not sure whether that was just luck.

make sure its tuned to sea flat for the trip!

Thanks, Kanga. Amazing really - I suppose they just assume it's a sealed box! (The organ we collected yesterday had a dead wren inside it, quite apart from anything smaller. )

Neil, argh, argh. I suppose as it's an organ you're talking about, I should tell you to STOP, and PIPE down...

we bought a piano over. They never even looked at it and it wasnt in the list of things they needed to check but they saw the piano being unloaded and didnt even comment.
    They were more interested in the garden chairs and the xmas decorations

Make sure you get your piano crated inside a shipping container though....it's not something you'd want to get damaged by poorly packed items around it

Mmmm. This makes THIRTEEN organs. And a piano!