Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I need to purchase return tickets ?

Question Do I need to purchase return tickets ?

Hi All,
    I have been issued with a work visa in which it says ".....Funds waived. Outward passage waived...."

What's mentioned in INZ wbsite is
    What does outward passage/funds waived mean?
    If your visa label states “Outward Passage Waived” or “Funds Waived”, you will not be required to show evidence of return journey or evidence of funds at the airport. However, if these are not waived you will be required to carry a return ticket and sufficient funds to meet the expenses of your visit to New Zealand

Whats mentioned in one of the flight operators to NZ is
    Entering New Zealand on a One-way TicketPeople travelling to New Zealand on a one-way ticket must be either:

a New Zealand passport holder - ( I am not)
    an Australian passport holder - ( I am not)
    a permanent resident of Australia holding a valid Australian Resident Return - ( I am not)
    Visa allowing an indefinite stay - ( I dont)
    other foreign national holding a valid New Zealand Returning Resident's Visa - (I dont)

So I know at any given day, we could go by whats mentioned in INZ website.
    But want to be double sure before I proceed.

So all those experienced guys, tell me do I need to purchase a return ticket as well ??

Thanks

yes you right and meaning of these is that
    You dont have to show fund at point of entry
    but still keep handy your credit card

you dont know need to show return ticket as it is
    work visa.

but I bought return ticket because i m coming back
    and will go back again on feb
    Last edited by shazeb; 31st October 2010 at 05:55 PM.

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question - I just wanted to say that I thought return tickets were cheaper....

Ok..I got more info on googling...

I dont need to purchase a return ticket, but as said by Tigger return tickets are cheaper (provided you should know when you are coming back).

But I got another piece of info. I will have to apply for a Transit visa to AUS. Since most of the flights from my India go via AUS, I need to apply for a Transit visa which is free of charge (because Indian citizens are not eligible for visa free transit).

More info can be found here :
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/transit/no-visa.htm

Thanks

as said by Tigger return tickets are cheaper (provided you should know when you are coming back).
    And/Or if you get the right kind of ticket (having read the small print), you can sometimes cash in the unused return portion, I gather.

Interesting info, JandM
    Thanks

Hi TargetNZ,

I think better option will be going through Singapore which is less time ,better airline (Singapore Airline) and more options (from India to Singapore) and reasonable breakup journey and less waiting time for connecting flights and sometimes cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by hsfa484 View Post
    Interesting info, JandM
    Thanks
    I was trying to find a specific reference to this, and couldn't, or not a recent one. Maybe airlines have been trying to close loopholes lately. I think it boils down to 'buyer beware'. Please don't assume it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger123 View Post
    I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question - I just wanted to say that I thought return tickets were cheaper....
    Depends on what airline you book with.

For example 2 adult one way tickets :

Air Canada (the great rip off) - Halifax to Auckland is $4090.64.

Air New Zealand - Halifax to Auckland is around $2900.00.

Amazing when you consider flight itinerary is almost identical.

Needless to say we will always book with Air New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by samay View Post
    Hi TargetNZ,

I think better option will be going through Singapore which is less time ,better airline (Singapore Airline) and more options (from India to Singapore) and reasonable breakup journey and less waiting time for connecting flights and sometimes cheap.
    I was initially looking out for Singapore Airlines..but
    > I found Emirates is slightly cheaper even though I have to fly to Dubai to reach NZ (which sounds weird !!)
    >Sing Airlines allows only 20KG wheres EK allows 30KG
    >Sing Airlines reaches AUCK during an awkward timing to land in a country where you are going for the first time (at 11.45PM)
    >When you compare Sing Airlines and Emirates, I dont think so theres nothing to differentiate as both are two among the best airlines.
    >But yes, waiting time, breakup journey - Sing Airlines score more, but I am ready to adjust for that to get that extra 10 KG !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast