Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family may be seperated.

Default Family may be seperated.

Our Son has just received a letter from immigration stating that his application is near refusal. they have asked for more information, comments and additional info. If you recall we ticked a wrong box on the form/yes what a stupid error, I know. He has just celebrated his 19teenth birthday on Sunday and then this letter came. What a smack in the teeth.
    We thought he didn't have to disclose certain info due to info received from the Youth offending team. He did a 12month referral and he learnt his lesson. We sent letters of apology to the immigration and we all wrote explaining if he returns to the UK he has no family there etc. As we all have permanent residency here. I can't believe that none of this has made a difference. The youth offending team even sent an email to immigration showing how we could of made the mistake due to information we were told. None of this matters. Has anyone got any further advice as to what else we can do. The appeal fee is $800 and we have spent so much money so far that we just don't think we can afford this right now.
    I know we made a mistake, and I now need any help and advice, I know that you guys don't know me or my family but I don't want us separated as a family. Other posts tells the story of what has happened so far.
    Thanks

Oh blimey, no advice but I'm really sorry for what you're going through. That was an honest mistake, I hope it works out.

Such a horrible situation to be in, I really feel for you.

The only thing that springs to mind is if you wanted to bring it to the attention of something like Close Up, or maybe a national newspaper or possibly your local MP can help? It really does seem like they are being overly harsh.

I really hope you can come to a happy conclusion about it all.

Good luck,
    Anneliese

Hi, replied to you PM, let me know how it goes.

kejktfc

You might fancy looking here http://www.lsa.govt.nz/about-us/lega...aw-centres.php

"The Legal Services Agency contracts with and allocates funding to community law centres (CLCs) to provide a mix of legal services tailored to their community’s needs. There are 26 CLCs nationwide providing a range of:

* free legal advice
    * representation to people with insufficient means to pay
    * law-related education and information
    * law reform submissions
    * other special services needed by particular communities"

There's a communiuty law centre in town Opposite City Markets on Wilow Street.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    You might fancy looking here http://www.lsa.govt.nz/about-us/lega...aw-centres.php

"The Legal Services Agency contracts with and allocates funding to community law centres (CLCs) to provide a mix of legal services tailored to their community’s needs. There are 26 CLCs nationwide providing a range of:

* free legal advice
    * representation to people with insufficient means to pay
    * law-related education and information
    * law reform submissions
    * other special services needed by particular communities"
    yep, i rang them and basically if your earnings are above $57,000 then you are not entitled for any legal aid. thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    There's a communiuty law centre in town Opposite City Markets on Wilow Street.
    I rang them, and they asked what myself and OH earned per year and because we were above $57,000 we are not entitled to legal aid.

someone recommended a barister who apparantely speacilises in this field, his rate is $1,000 and this is an upfront fee. wow!!

Isn't it your son that needs the advice? Does he earn $57k?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Isn't it your son that needs the advice? Does he earn $57k?
    Hi,

yeah, it is him that needs the advice. I think because he doesn't work they kow that he is reliant on us for financial support. But yeah, I will certainly ask them. He doesn't want to return back to Manchester, and he loves it here. We can only hope that all this helps.

Someone has just offered him a job to, but obviously with all this going on I don't think they would even consider him for a working permit. I don't know whether it would be a seperate application. Cos he is in the process of the application with a WHV. Have you any ideas??
    cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast