Thread: Singapore - Melbourne - Christchurch. Transit advice!

Default Singapore - Melbourne - Christchurch. Transit advice!

We will reach Melbourne at 0900hrs and depart at 1830hrs. Any recommendation on what to do there, and public lounge access / rest area to sit down and relax, play area for kids, food, etc.,

Any suggestion to keep us engaged will be appreciated. I heard that the Tullamarine airport is far away from the city and not worth doing a city tour with the available time. Luggages to manage too.

Thanks.

Well the only advice I can give is to have your transit visa ready even if your flight touches Aussie soil regardless of duration....if its 1 min or couple of hours. My learning lesson has been quite bitter but anyone flying through Australia.....read their visa requirement section & if possible drop a call to nearest Aus embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Well the only advice I can give is to have your transit visa ready even if your flight touches Aussie soil regardless of duration....if its 1 min or couple of hours. My learning lesson has been quite bitter but anyone flying through Australia.....read their visa requirement section & if possible drop a call to nearest Aus embassy.
    Thanks. I read through it and will apply for one in Singapore.

Any more advise pls?

Yes- get out. You will go crazy if you stay 9 hours in transit as there isn't much you can do.

I don't get what you mean by "far" as from my experience it took me only 30 mins by airport bus to my city hotel. I can only assume you never been to Melbourne.

Furthermore- there is such a thing as left luggage facility at all airports so you can store them for a fee of course, while you go trampling about in the city.

Yes, get out of the airport and visit the city. Once you're in the city, you can hop on the free city loop tram to move around. Take some pics in the city and continue your journey to NZ

Oh and I hope you won't get caught in rush hour (although the traffic jam is nothing compared to Kuala Lumpur.

oops. I checked it myself now and the city is not far away. Now must find a place to dump the luggages before going for the self and quick city tour.

Luggage: Lockers are no longer available; left-luggage facilities are now available in the International Terminal Arrivals hall.
    http://www.cheapflights.ca/airports/...e-Tullamarine/

I loved Melbourne Zoo and the tram ride out there.... there are some fantastic Aussie animals there - alternately, if you've got children they'd love the Aquarium

Quote Originally Posted by Shones View Post
    I loved Melbourne Zoo and the tram ride out there.... there are some fantastic Aussie animals there - alternately, if you've got children they'd love the Aquarium
    Thanks JandM, Shones.