Thread: Help South Africa police certificate from U.K

Default Help South Africa police certificate from U.K

Dear All,

One of my friend has been selected from the pool and in the process of arranging the documents.
    He needs some help from someone who had experienced arranging a police certificate from South Africa staying in U.K. We are aware of the documents needed like finger prints ,passport etc. But main questions are
    Can we get police clearance certificate from South African embassy in London ?
    If the London office does not cater the service How long will it take to get a police certificate from South Africa if we courier all the documents to Pretoria ?
    Note :He had stayed in South Africa in work Visa and not a citizen of South Africa .
    Thanks in advance.
    Samay.

Last edited by samay; 5th November 2010 at 07:30 AM.

As far as I know, he would have to go to the South African Embassy in London, and they will take his fingerprints (tink it is the only ones they will accepts, but are not 100% sure...) and they will request the certificate, but be prepared it can take a few weeks, so do get that done first!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trolle001 View Post
    As far as I know, he would have to go to the South African Embassy in London, and they will take his fingerprints (tink it is the only ones they will accepts, but are not 100% sure...) and they will request the certificate, but be prepared it can take a few weeks, so do get that done first!!
    you mean to say finger prints can be taken in South Africa Embassy ,London .If that is the case then he does not have to go local police for the finger prints ..am I right?

Yes, they do take fingerprints at the Embassies, but I am not sure about non South Africans, for our prints to be taken to get police certificates from the Middle Eastern Countries we lived in we had to get a WRITTEN PERMISSION from our Embassy, requesting it...... Maybe just give them a call....sorry can not be of more help.....

Dear Trolle001
    Thanks for the input provided.

Hi Samay

We used a company called dkp investigations http://www.dkpinvestigations.com/pol..._certificatesn Police Clearance

They tell u what information they need and then they send it over to South Africa as the application has to be hand delivered and collected from the office in S.A.
    If u go back on my posts u will see that i did a section on it

Living in London u will have to get fingerprints from Scotland Yard u phone and make an appointment to have them done we paid 66 Pounds per application
    If u need any more info please ask

Cheers

Has anyone had experience with
    http://ellexpress.yolasite.com/police-clearance.php ?
    They claim to be able to get the SA police certificates in under 21 days.

Also, does anyone know if the certificates have to be legalized?