Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soya Mince in Hutt Valley

Default Soya Mince in Hutt Valley

Anyone know where I can buy dried soya mince - only pre-hydrogenated and covered in sauce is available in the supermarkets? Any ideas?

most health food shops, the one in Petone offered to get if for me but I just grab if from the shop in the Mall (i think its health 2000)

Bob

Which mall?

I'm not sure if it is dried or not, but Fry's mince is sold frozen and is a great product, imported all the way from the vegetarian capital of the world, South Africa. They make a few products and they are available from most Countdowns, New Worlds and some PaknSaves. Comes in a flattish green square box about 20cm long. Look in the glass door freezers.

Thanks Bob I've just seen there's a Health 2000 in the Upper Hutt mall - will have a look in there later on. Do you know where the nearest asian supermarkets are to here - can't seem to find one and want to see what other meat alternatives there are?

Apparently they don't sell it anymore. Anyone else got any ideas where I can get it?

Hi April,

I'll get the address of places for soya when I go shopping at the weekend, I'll check stock while I'm out ay.
    Just one thing, when you say asian, in the UK that means Indian, but in NZ that tends to be Chinese.
    anyway have a look here, branch in Petone...they sell chinese and indian food stuff...
    http://www.davistrading.co.nz/
    there is also a really big indian shop in Petone (address to follow) I think its called spice trader.
    as I said I'll check the address in Lower hutt mall for soya.
    BTW also a SA food shop in Petone too, nice guy gives you coffee when you visit. Oh POM shop in Petone too, next to firemans pub, if you fancy a chicken fraybentos pie probably not vege ay lol...

Bob

Mmmm. Soya mince. You've got my mouth watering.

Thanks Bob. x

I could be mistaken but I feel like I've seen it at Countdown/Foodtown in the very small organic section. In the States we call it TVP so perhaps it's named something else here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast