Thread: Has anyone received Work Permit within INZ processing times?

Default Has anyone received Work Permit within INZ processing times?

Hi

I submitted my Work Permit under partnership earlier last month (in Manukau, Auckland) and still haven't been allocated a Case Officer. Has anyone received their permits within the Immigration processing times of 45 or 60 days in Auckland?

Cheers,
    Claire

Back "then" in 2006 I applied for a Work Permit in Dunedin; not under partnership policy though.

I am not sure about the exact time line any more. However I signed the contract on 3rd April, did only afterwards the Medical, submitted my application upon that, got no information like allocation of a CO, approval of WP on 24th April; so say it was less than two weeks with them.

Quote Originally Posted by celeliza View Post
    Hi

I submitted my Work Permit under partnership earlier last month (in Manukau, Auckland) and still haven't been allocated a Case Officer. Has anyone received their permits within the Immigration processing times of 45 or 60 days in Auckland?

Cheers,
    Claire
    Hi Claire,

We applied under the same category earlier this year from Auckland. And if i'm not mistaken it took around 3 weeks from submission to approval. This wasn't the first time we have applied, but it's always been processed within the timeframes given.

If you are worried about running out of time on an existing visa, I'd call and ask NZIS. All the best.

Cheers

I still have a bit of time left on my visa so eager to have it by Christmas. I actually rang INZ this morning to find out if CO has been allocated which they told me it hasn't.

One of my friends applied for a work permit and she had waited for 3 months and she wasn't allowed to work for at least 2 weeks until she got her new one. So, I don't want this problem happening to me.

Just have to sit back and let it happen I guess. I'm curious to find out from anyone who have had their permits within the processing times.

Just want to share my piece of good news that the Immigration has approved my work permit with a multiple entry visa today! I'm so chuffed! The whole process took just over 5 weeks!

Happy for you Celeliza