Thread: Has the age limit for student visas changed?

Default Has the age limit for student visas changed?

I thought for sure it was for ages 30 and under, but I can't find the age limit on the immigration.govt.nz website.

I'm 36, and I was thinking about going back to school after we move, but if it turns out that I'm not too old for a student visa, I was thinking I might try that first. (My husband and I were planning on trying for a long term business visa, as we have our own business here in the U.S.).

Any advice? Thanks!

Hi funschooler5 !

you arent too old for a student visa ...
    Have seen people older than 30 on student visas...

Cheers!

I think it's Working Holiday Visas that have the age 30 limit - maybe that's what you're thinking of.

I know for certain the age limit (if there is one, which I don't think there is) for student visas is higher than 30 as my husband has a student permit and is 33.

Quote Originally Posted by funschooler5 View Post
    I thought for sure it was for ages 30 and under, but I can't find the age limit on the immigration.govt.nz website.

I'm 36, and I was thinking about going back to school after we move, but if it turns out that I'm not too old for a student visa, I was thinking I might try that first. (My husband and I were planning on trying for a long term business visa, as we have our own business here in the U.S.).

Any advice? Thanks!
    Definitely you aren't too old for a student visa. I am more than 10 years older than you are and I am here studying. And my a partner has a open work visa for the time period of the student visa so is able to be here with me.

There is no age limit for student visa as far as I know......

Hi,
    If I am going to NZ on work visa (Employer Accredited), which visa should I apply for my 2 year 3 months old son?
    Student visa or Visitor? If I go for visitor, would I be able to send my son to pre-school? Is there any age restriction to attend school in NZ? Please advise.
    Regards

omarslb, see my reply on your other thread.