Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet store in Chch

Default Pet store in Chch

Anyone knows of a good pet store in Chch, with well-taken-care of pets and decent prices? Looking to buy a young guinea pig or rabbit (haven't decided which yet) from one. Surprisingly I haven't seen any around the CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by althea View Post
    Anyone knows of a good pet store in Chch, with well-taken-care of pets and decent prices? Looking to buy a young guinea pig or rabbit (haven't decided which yet) from one. Surprisingly I haven't seen any around the CBD.
    I used to go to Animates at Tower Junction, they are pretty big, but I only went to buy dog food and supplies! I do remember seeing rabbits though..

Also there is another one on Marshlands road at Shirley, in a centre just up from The Palms shopping centre, but I can't remember the name of it..they were a bit smaller but still had everything..

The one on Marshlands is Cyberpets.

I have 2 guinea pigs and I bought them from pig gal on Trademe. She is in Ashburton but she delivered them to me in Chch. We just watched the pigs being posted until my kids found 2 they liked.

I think they were only $10 each and were both babies (brothers) and healthy. We love our piggies. Over a year later and they are big, fat piggies and live in a special coffee table/cage that OH built. I know people think we are crazy (OH does too) but keeping them in the house makes them more accessible pets. If you want to see pictures of the very clever cage, I would be happy to share.

I also have a rabbit hutch outside but still no rabbits. I am finishing my baby chicks in there.

GG, we're 'over' the guniea pig age, but I would love to see a phot of your coffee table/ guinea pig villa!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post

I have 2 guinea pigs and I bought them from pig gal on Trademe. She is in Ashburton but she delivered them to me in Chch. We just watched the pigs being posted until my kids found 2 they liked.

I think they were only $10 each and were both babies (brothers) and healthy. We love our piggies. Over a year later and they are big, fat piggies and live in a special coffee table/cage that OH built. I know people think we are crazy (OH does too) but keeping them in the house makes them more accessible pets. If you want to see pictures of the very clever cage, I would be happy to share.

I also have a rabbit hutch outside but still no rabbits. I am finishing my baby chicks in there.
    Thanks, Grumpygoat! I never went there often because Animates was closer to where I lived..

I love guinea pigs, would love some for the kids one day!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
    If you want to see pictures of the very clever cage, I would be happy to share..
    I would love to see it! My SIL made my kids one when they were little and we kept it in the living room too!

Quote Originally Posted by althea View Post
    Surprisingly I haven't seen any around the CBD.
    There's a pet store (I think it's Animates) along Moorehouse Ave, opposite side from the CBD, next to Magnum Mac.

There's also the SPCA (not in CBD) where you could adopt a pet.

What about the SPCA - Dont they have some needing homes?

This is the side view of the cage/coffee table
    Last edited by GrumpyGoat; 12th November 2010 at 11:11 AM.

Here is the table top. The pigs like the top on--it makes them feel secure (they are nervous little creatures).
    The kids use it as a craft table mostly. I had plans to paint it but have never done it. I was planning to paint a giant chessboard on top.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast