Thread: Accountant occupation

Default Accountant occupation

Helo everyone,

I am employed in finance/accounting sector in my company for almost 3 years. Searching for an opportunity to obtain PR in New Zealand, my trip has just started.

Reviewing Skills in Demand list, I see that Senior Accountant (Chartered postions only) are wanted on Immediate Skill Shortage List.

I am a 29y old person, university degree (economics) in Croatia, and working in this sector as mentioned above in my home country (Croatia). In first place I thought that general accountants are wanted, but this very much sets my mind far from ease...
    As written here http://www.skillmatching.com.au/node/19, Chartered Accountant is very prestigious international qualification. Myself however, I am not involved in any similar international body or Chamber.

Do you think I could somehow work my way towards visa based on my experience? I believe I could be considered as an Accountant (general), but have to have some internationally recognized certificate (as ACCA mentioned in JandM's post #17 (http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....185#post383185)

Any advise how to/where to go, what to do, is appreciated.

On the other hand, Internal and External auditors are on the Long Term Skill Shortage List. My professional experience cannot be considered as relevant here.

You could check out www.nzica.co.nz It is New Zealand's Chartered Accountants site.

to gain points yes definatley need qualification and recognised, I had worked as an auditor which was on skill shortage list but worked and quals are 2 different things. Also Nz companies will want quals or you will start at the bottom of the ladder in this field no matter what your expereince. ACCA is not recognised by NZ firms, CIMA is a bit differnet but still need to get it through NZQA.

Thank you for your answers. I will check the web page more thoroughly in terms of finding proper informations.