Thread: what to do..

Default what to do..

Hello everyone! Would like to hear your comments on my situation.

My boyfriend and I got our SF visa last August and will be arriving in Auckland next year. He has a job offer in NZ already. I dont. My current employer has an opportunity (not a done deal) for me to go to Melbourne instead. Was wondering if I should grab this one and give up my SF visa. It's a good opportunity but I really like us to be together in NZ to build future together and establish ourselves. If we live apart, it will take us longer to settle down and will not have a solid support as compared to being together.

Maybe Im just paranoid that I dont have a job in NZ yet. It seems hard because Im applying and not getting positive responses. The AU job option gave me hope but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for but still very happy that current company is helping me out. Now Im torn.

I would chose NZ but Im confused if I am also giving up a good opportunity. What do you guys think?

Oops! I doubt if there's a black/white answer for this, depends on your personal choice though. I'd definitely choose to live with beloved one than drifting away towards career, job is something you can/will get in Australia or any other corner of the world...but loved one...nah!!

Yes..I strongly agree...Your bf is one of those lucky guys to get a job offer before reaching NZ physically. So go ahead with your bf to NZ, search for a job...if you dont get one or if you get one...enjoy your life

If you're willing to sweat it out, you could move to Melbourne and work towards Australian PR, while he works towards his NZ RRV.

Australian PRs can easily work in NZ without another visa*. That way your bf can join you in Australia if you find it more suitable, and vice versa.

Trans-Tasman flights are also cheap with lots of frequent offers.

* Ref: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../caniworkinnz/

We are lucky indeed! Thank you for the comments!! I decided to stay in NZ and stick it out. I think he's luckier .. I chose him

He is seriously lucky, but good choice.

Good choice

Actually NZers have to be citizens to get PR in Aussie, but as I understand it, it's not the same in reverse.