Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny questions from a CO

Default Funny questions from a CO

We submitted for our PR on October 13 and online still does not show us as having a CO. However, one has contacted us and requested some additonal information.

I find one of the requests so funny I thought I would share and see if anyone else has any strange/weird/funny requests. I almost wonder if they make a point of finding something to ask for to either buy time or make them feel feel important or assert power.

My name is Michelle. Or more correctly, my Mother named me Michele as evidenced on my birth certificate. However, no one, not even her has spelled my name with 1 L my whole life. I never asked her and she is deceased now but I have always assumed it was a mistake by the hospital in spelling. My drivers licese and all documents including my passport have me as Michelle. (2 L's)

Regardless of the reasons, our CO has now asked for Statutory declaration from Michelle confirming the correct spelling of her first name I know this is a really easy thing but it just seems so small. Maybe it is just my warped sense of humor but I find this funny.

She also asked for a couple of other items that are actually in the file but instead of pointing this out and asking her to look for them, I will re-submit them.

At least the ball is rolling!

When I got my first (learners) driving license they misspelt my middle name as Brry instead of Barry. Took 3 attempts to get that sorted, until I sent it back with circles, arrows, block capitals and underlining for them to correct the mistake.

I mean who are these people that can't even type?

Congrats Michelle, on a positive note...yes !! someone has your file now.

We had similar questions for my OH, her birth certificate had different name (couple of more vowels in new name), our CO asked if it was just phonetic or OH had any proof of name change....well we submitted proof of name change and that was it!! Similarly, on OH's divorce decree there were some unintentional 'A's in wrong places...but our CO trusted it was genuine error.

All the best

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    I mean who are these people that can't even type?
    They are the people who rush home early or have breaks at higher priority, might be some 3rd class....pirated...voice modulation software

My wife's first name was "Лидия", in the Cyrillic alphabet; and living in former USSR no issues with that back then.

Years later her parents relocated with her to Central Europe and her name was transcribed into "LIEDIA". So one "и" was transcribed as "IE" whereas the other "и" was transcribed just as "I".

Several years later again she wanted to change the spelling of her name harmonising it to "LIDIA". This meant going to the registrar's office and applying - and paying - for this. She got the certificate without any problems.

However most organisations - not only INZ - want her to submit as additional document this "certificate of name change". The original not being in English needed here of course a certified translation too.

Ralf-nz, my maiden name is Hungarian. It is actually spelled Szabo but the midwife aiding in the delivery of my grandfather did not speak Hungarian and thus spelled it Sabo. So my Grandfather is Sabo and his brother is Szabo. My Grandpa jokes that we have "Americanized" our name. lol

At least we can be pretty sure that Prince isn't ever going to emmigrate over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    At least we can be pretty sure that Prince isn't ever going to emmigrate over here.
    Prince as in the "artist" or one of Michael Jacksons kids? Speaking of which, did you hear his brother Jermains kids name? Jermajesty SERIOUSLY

Oh well...just read this couple of days back!!

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/longest...an-man-3885713

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Oh well...just read this couple of days back!!

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/longest...an-man-3885713
    Glad his momma had enough sense to only give him one short name! I'm annoyed enough at my parents for calling me by my middle name my whole life!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast