Thread: Relationship evidence........

Default Relationship evidence........

Hi all.

Just a quick question, which may seem a bit silly, but there sees to be so much knowlege out there amongst you all.

I am just putting together relationship evidence for my partner and I, for our ITA submission. We are going to ask our parents/friends to write letters on our behalf.

So firstly, what sort of information should be included in them and secondly do they need to be hand-written or is it acceptable to be done on a computer and then signed???

On another note the NZQA and NZ teaching council have turned around my partners qualification verification in just 6 weeks, so we are all set to meet our submission date of the 20/11. Everything crossed!!!!!

It is fine if they are printed off and then signed. It's also fine if they are hand-written.

The important thing is that they should not all look as if the same person prepared them. The whole point of such letters is to show that the partnership is not a false one, set up ONLY to gain one or other person admission to NZ. So get each person to do their own letter, in their own way, in their own words.

As for the content... Ask your relatives and friends to write about such things as when and how they first heard about the other partner, then met him/her. Give any personal details they know about his/her background, work, and hobbies. Tell about when they know you set up home together, or trips you might have made. Mention when they have seen the other partner in company with the whole family - family birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc.. It needs to be personal, almost gossipy, giving lots of little sidelights that show and prove that this is a person they really know WELL, not the kind of thing that could be a fake-up, and for this reason it doesn't matter if they're not all giving exactly the same details, as they'll have related to the partner in their different ways.

Been there, done this.

That's great service from NZQA and the NZ teaching council. Good luck!

My son and his girlfriend are going through this process and they had family and friends write letters of support and post them to their home. They then sent the letters - in their individual envelopes to their CO. All letters were typed and hand-signed and so far the CO hasn't objected, and she's had them for a few months now!

Ditto JandM re the content.

Good luck!

if possible, you can also submit original photos with you and your partner, joint bank account statement if any, and in case you and your partner have travelled to different countries together, you can submit printouts on your travel tickets then photocopy your passports with the stamp of that specific countries(have these notarized). And i guess, these evidences of relationships will help.

My partner and I also did these evidences and so far our CO hasn't been questioning.

Good luck and all the best!

If you have pictures those are good too! We were married a few weeks before we had been dating for a year so we didn't have a lot of things in both our names. It didn't help that we started the process the day we got back from honeymoon! We had pictures of us from years ago when we were just friends. Some had other people with us some didn't. These are good so they can see that you've been together a while and how you've changed over the years (hair cuts/color etc). We had some personal mail for him and some for me but the same address so we sent all that too. Letters from family are always good like JandM said. If you think you've got enough...add more!

JandM has precisely mentioned what all can be added, below link (related to cover letter) has what all I submitted for our relationship evidence

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31729

All the best

We only submitted a couple of household bills and a marriage certificate for the partnership category. They didn't seem at all concerned and it went through like clockwork. Having said that - a friend of mine who'd been married years longer than us had to go and do the whole seperate questioning business at NZ House.

we submitted some photos, cards, mortgage statement and annual rates statements over 6 years. We added car insurance, showing both as main & named drivers and annual family travel insurance. They didn't ask for any further proof from us.