Thread: Car window tinting

Default Car window tinting

I'm driving my second NZ car and this one, unlike my first, does not have tinted windows. I'm thinking this is a really neat way to reduce UV exposure for the kids and I but not sure about costs, what I should look for in, whether the stick on stuff you can get on the likes of trademe is any good etc. Does anyone have any advice?

You can DIY but it's a real pain to get it looking good, ANY dust on the glass will show up badly and creases are a nightmare to get out of on curved glass...
    I'd pay someone to do it after trying to do my car in the past.

If it is for the kids, the just buy the sun shields, the netting - works fine, is cheap and really easy to use.

My 2000 car doesn't have UV tinting. Does anyone have any links to the stick-on stuff on TradeMe etc. as I don't know what to look for. I can pretty much feel the sun stinging my skin when I'm driving. It's not nearly so bad in hubby's 2002 SUV as he has tinted windows. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Squared View Post
    My 2000 car doesn't have UV tinting. Does anyone have any links to the stick-on stuff on TradeMe etc. as I don't know what to look for. I can pretty much feel the sun stinging my skin when I'm driving. It's not nearly so bad in hubby's 2002 SUV as he has tinted windows. Thanks.
    You could check out Window Magic in Kenepuru.

Ian

Me and my mate brought tint of trademe, and OK to stick on, long as no wind, and away from overhanging trees. We learnt from a you tube video.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsourcepoint View Post
    Me and my mate brought tint of trademe, and OK to stick on, long as no wind, and away from overhanging trees. We learnt from a you tube video.
    I'm thinking it will have to be that as the other car has just cost us over $600

I have a very reliable friend who does quality car tinting here in Auckland. Sedan tinting costs is only $220 while wagon tinting is only $280. Let me know if you are interested and I will connect you to him. He also does Car alarm installation for only $145 (includes alarm unit set and installation).