Thread: Getting the Australian police report from Malaysia

Exclamation Getting the Australian police report from Malaysia

Hi guys...My name is Ben and i'm from Malaysia.

I've got a few question. About 3 weeks ago i was given the ITA from NZ immi and now i am in the process of getting all the documents including a police report from Australia! I actually studied at Australia once upon a time and i lived there for 1.5 years so that is why i will need to provide them Malaysian police certificate and also Australia. It looks the Australian police would like to get a finger print from me and since i am offshore now i need to get the finger prints taken by another police jurisdiction

1) I would like to ask my fellow Malaysian who has done this step where exactly would i get the finger prints? It seem like i need go to the HQ police station at Bukit Aman to inquire.

2) If you (not malaysian) have also done this step before, you just get the finger print from the local police station and send them the form right?

3) i will need to send in the National Police Check (NPC) application form, my current certified true copy passport and my local police finger prints. just that 3 times only right?

I hope there is someone who can hep me out here here on getting the finger print from malaysia. It seems this is the only requirement which will hold me back from sending in the documents earlier.
    Last edited by barney; 14th November 2010 at 03:34 AM.

Hello and welcome.

I was just looking on the Australian Federal Police website http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/pol...ce-checks.aspx, and it says there
    You will only need to provide fingerprints as part of your application where there is a requirement for such a check to be conducted. Your fingerprints will be checked against a central database of records and will take additional time to process. An additional cost is also associated with this service, see fees below.

Where a fingerprint check is required, it is your responsibility to obtain a full set of fingerprints from your local police jurisdiction.
    So unless INZ has said they need a fingerprint check, you won't need to do this.

Please refer to a snippet from my previous post on obtaining fingerprint card in Malaysia.

"by the way, for all those who needs fingerprinting done in Malaysia, please proceed immediately to Bukit Aman police station ( you may skip PJ and Shah Alam HQ ), they are the only ones that are able to do it.

for your convenience, here's simple guide. there are 2 entrances to Bukit Aman, make sure you use the front entrance ( via the lake gardens, kl bird park, etc. ) and just park your car opposite the police station. walk to the guard house and register yourselves ( you need to leave you mobile phone ). you will need to fill up a form, inform the officer that you want to get your fingerprinting done. you will be given a visitor's pass ( touchpass - which you need to use for entry later ). the location is at D2 4th floor ( the tallest white building at the end of the road ), about 5-10 mins walk. once you're at the white building, another security check, then walk to the elevator and up to 4th floor. once out, take the left door ( there are signs ) and ring the door bell, an officer will come to you and process your fingerprints. voila!

it took about 5 mins to get the fingerprinting done, and about 10-15 mins wait to get your fingerprint certificate. just the identification card required ( only applicable for Malaysians, foreigners may need passport or other form of identification ), while your photo will be taken on the spot. once done, they will provide you the fingerprinting certificate, and you will need to pay RM30 per copy."

hope it helps and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

I was just looking on the Australian Federal Police website http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/pol...ce-checks.aspx, and it says there So unless INZ has said they need a fingerprint check, you won't need to do this.
    Hi JanDM,

i read this site http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../australia.htm and its saying this

"Applicants outside Australia

Apply for a National Fingerprint and Name Check Police Certificate from the Australian Federal Police and request forms from the same address as above.

Once forms are received, a certified set of fingerprints taken at a local police station overseas will be required along with the completed forms to return to the Australian Federal Police."

Yeah...i guess they need it from me since INZ said that on their website.

cazsuezs....thanks for that! that really helps! I am going to try my luck next week at bukit aman

You've got some really good help there - hope it goes well and quickly for you.