Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Myth New Zealand"

Quote Originally Posted by whakapapa View Post
    Then your (valid) points become a case of the boy who cried wolf.
    Would that be similar to the 100% pure campaign?

If you think the "native" had a point let's discuss, let's not just post his thoughts and sit back expecing the majority who are here because they LOVE NZ to agree. Because then I think you just posted this to be inflammatory.
    I don't expect anything from anyone. Least of all for people to read a book about where they may have or are in the future moving to. Especially on an immigration forum.

If you think the "native" had a point let's discuss, let's not just post his thoughts and sit back expecing the majority who are here because they LOVE NZ to agree. Because then I think you just posted this to be inflammatory.
    Sorry to harp on this, but everything I have posted as a positive aspect about NZ over the past two years, for example events, art, music, volunteering get few or no replies. So you say he's seeking attention by posting inflammatory content—maybe?, but that is really not important. I think the more important question would be, do the immigrants that come to NZ really pay attention or have a desire to contribute to the country? Yes, they come to work and pay taxes, but a person would have to do that anywhere. Is there a real desire to contribute and would that person contribute and participate in their home country?

Quote Originally Posted by eassae View Post
    So you say he's seeking attention by posting inflammatory content
    No, I think he's saying you are just posting to be inflamatory. You've simply plagarised someone elses's article, posted it here and not really added anything to the 'discussion'. Posting the first post with an additional paragraph saying that you fully agree, partially agree or don't agree and then discussing those specific issues would have added more perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    No, I think he's saying you are just posting to be inflamatory. You've simply plagarised someone elses's article, posted it here and not really added anything to the 'discussion'. Posting the first post with an additional paragraph saying that you fully agree, partially agree or don't agree and then discussing those specific issues would have added more perhaps.
    I don't see how I plagiarized. I gave full credit to the author.

It would have added more for you, but not for me, and since I am me and not you, I did what me not yous wants. Still none of this squabble is important. If you have a response to my previous question then I am all ears.

I took no offense from the post, I followed the link (suggest others to so so as well before jumping to conclusions)
    I found the youtubes hilarious (thanks!) I've never met a kiwi bloke like the one in the 'Good Keen Metrosexual', but all of my nz experience is rural. I think its a very healthy strong culture that can afford to poke fun at itself. Love all of it.

~Waves white flag~

Well it is true depending on which areas or houses the author has resided, I still can't wake up to the cold but its just the setting phase, our house especially becomes much colder (than outside), traffic lights (timer) is no different than any other country. We don't have landlord sponsored heating system...so no comments.

WOF is same as MOT in UK, which doesn't make much difference (probably my car is in better condition). We still don't get our television yet...but most of the programs are same as in UK.

Well, we can't expect to park in someone's backyard without their permission, otherwise we have public parking for all the right reasons ;-) . Roads are not all that bad, its just the landscape....I don't think its a good idea to change it all like in Dubai

Every country has its good and bad, I'm in love with NZ for all reasons....today we have good sunshine. Enjoy it!!

oooh and the best thing about following that link for me is that I have discovered Mighty Ape! Thrilled to bits here in Canada to find an online NZ source to fuel my kiwi lit fascination!! I feel like a kid in a candy shop!

And Abu Hamza is British.
    I don't get this. At all. What does that have to do with pointing out that Justin Brown was born here??

Daniela

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    Sorry, can't help it..., if people don't like it, why don't they just stay where they are?????? It's not as if someone is forced to live here, is it?
    Ach Renate, if life were that simple!

Of course no one 'forces' me with gun pointed, but it really is not a question of just upping and going when a whole family is involved.

Daniela

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast