Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: "Myth New Zealand"

Funny I was explaing to a Kiwi this evening about Winters in UK and was telling him of the one where it didn't get about freezing in the day for 39 days the one winter and that was in Herefordshire

Quote Originally Posted by Mamee & Co View Post
    You echo my feelings entirely. The scenery here lifts my spirit
    I totally agree too. That's why we leave our lovely rented flat in Sydney occasionally and come over to NZ for hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Shhh, don't tell my landlord that or I'll be evicted.
    Oh I think you know very well I'm referring to family homes ... or are you in a family home for that in Tauranga? If so, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by eassae View Post
    True, but I would take the Wind Rivers over the Southern Alps any day.
    Heh.

I'm not going to argue the relative merits of scenery...at least not on this forum.

Suffice to say that I really liked large parts of the NZ landscape, or else I wouldn't be considering moving there.

There are lots of places in the world besides NZ that I think are gorgeous - the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, the southern Arizona Sonoran Desert, the Pacific Coast of North America, from down in San Diego (furthest south I've been) to Puget Sound. We spent a week one summer between Vancouver and Vancouver Island, and I was ready to move. The interisland ferry ride broke my heart. The (unpopulated sections of) the Queensland and NSW coast, the Atherton Tablelands, the Blue Mountains, the Bavarian section of the Alps (all I've ever seen), Lake country in England, the SW coast of Ireland, the misty mountains in the center of Bali...

The general theme that emerges when I look at places I like is: mountains, ocean, and green - preferably with trees.

I'm not very fond of dead and brown during winter, and a landscape without hills leaves me flat...

Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    big, greying gay men are also known as silver bears...

They're generally not much trouble unless provoked, though. And on vacation, you can frequently identify them at a distance by the deep growl of their Harleys.

Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    And on vacation, you can frequently identify them at a distance by the deep growl of their Harleys.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567