Thread: The packers are here !

Default The packers are here !

It has felt that we would never get to this stage after such a long time. The house sale should complete on Friday if it goes according to plan, and Pickfords have been working hard all morning. They will return tomorrow to finish packing and the container arrives on Wednesday. It doesn't look like it will all fit into the container to me ..... but then I always say that when we pack our suitcases to go on holiday

It's great to get away from the refreshing smell of Jeyes fluid. I had a small amount of the original formulation left in an ancient tin which when compared to a tin of the new stuff looks like it could have been used in biological warfare.

I'll try and get some photos uploaded if I can work out how.

Hi Badger
    This will be us in a few weeks time - I am about to pick up the phone to book Pickfords as they came out the cheapest of the three quotes we had. Are you happy with them so far? I know you've still got a way to go but my head got a bit muddled with it all tbh and I've got to get it all in place today!
    Good luck with the rest of your move.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I'll try and get some photos uploaded if I can work out how.
    So who are you using to do the move??

PMSL just kidding! Good luck with it all, I'm sure it will go really quickly for you now! Here's to a happy Christmas!

Timetogo, it's early days to be sure but they've been easy to deal with so far, and their price was competitive. I liked that it's Pickfords in NZ too, and not an agent. Perhaps it's a bit unfair to the independents, but I felt happier with only dealing with one company all the way.

No mistaking the boxes though - maybe I should get a discount for advertising their name

Nice packing and neatly done!! . I hope the items inside reach in same condition. All the best with your move.... exciting!!!!

That will be us in a week!

Such an exciting time! Try to stop and be still for a moment and revel in the joy of the moment. Best of luck!

OMG! Been there done that! It seems like only yesterday that was us!

The container filled pretty tightly.... That's most of our worldly goods entrusted to a ship probably going through pirate infested waters

That's a bit full - ! God bless her and all who sail in her...