Thread: Shipping UK to NZ

Default Shipping UK to NZ

Hi

This may be a stupid question but me and my girl friend are moving to NZ next year and have been trying to find out more about shipping our stuff. As we don't have a house we don't have too much, its mainly kitchen stuff, 4 bikes, ski's tools and tv/computer. Not anywhere near enough to fill a container. If we don't have enough to fill a container will we be able to get half or a third and pay less?

Also anyone got any shipping companies they would recommend?

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dwhite468 View Post
    Hi

This may be a stupid question but me and my girl friend are moving to NZ next year and have been trying to find out more about shipping our stuff. As we don't have a house we don't have too much, its mainly kitchen stuff, 4 bikes, ski's tools and tv/computer. Not anywhere near enough to fill a container. If we don't have enough to fill a container will we be able to get half or a third and pay less?

Also anyone got any shipping companies they would recommend?

Cheers

Dave
    I think most companies who ship regularly will offer you a part load (i.e. where you share a container with someone else). Or 1st Contact ship excess baggage etc.

in terms of recommendations check out:

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31309

oh yes .. and welcome to the forum!

Hi and welcome here

Of course you can book a LCL (less container load) from a shipping line or a freight forwarding company if you want to do it yourself. You have to calculate your items' volume and then get quotation from freight and removal companies.

Here's a link from a previous thread that might help:
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31437

Good luck

Hello and welcome.

Thanks for the tips!......no doubt there will be plenty more questions to come over the next few months!

Hello & welcome, you can try sevenseas . We lived in furnished properties in UK & just had bits & pieces of selective things that we brought (about 12 boxes, plus a suitcase & vaccum cleaner).

i reccomend seven seas worlwide also - we only had about 10 boxes of clothes and electronics to send. They give an instant online quote, deliver door to door and have been super helpful and friendly! oh - they also deliver all packing cartons and an insane amount of bubble wrap when u pay the deposit!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigletguinea View Post
    i reccomend seven seas worlwide also - we only had about 10 boxes of clothes and electronics to send. They give an instant online quote, deliver door to door and have been super helpful and friendly! oh - they also deliver all packing cartons and an insane amount of bubble wrap when u pay the deposit!

We got out boxes last week, I will do a detailed post later today. Sevenseas delivered all our items in exactly same condition (without any casuality). Some of the last minute packing involved additional suitcase & vaccum cleaner (which I could not sell, so thought of just taking it), both these additional items were wrapped in nice large cartons, labelled nicely & delivered.

We paid about 500 pounds in UK (for 6 Large cartons, 6 small cartons, 1 suitcase, 1 vaccum cleaner) & NZD250 (here for customs & MAF clearance) and that was it. All boxes were delivered by sevenseas on a scheduled day, we did packing ourselves, made inventory & called the company to pick those boxes on another day.

Attached is our tracking (if that helps). Do have a look at other shipping companies & experiences on this forum.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Sun777; 22nd November 2010 at 11:22 AM.