Thread: Flat internet

Default Flat internet

How do you find out if a flat you're renting already comes with an internet/phone line and subscription, or not?

I tried asking the real estate agent but she said she didn't know and couldn't help, and I don't have direct contact with the previous tenant or the landlord.

One of the way is to check with Landlord directly, if the flat already has internet then agent would definite charge more & add it into publicity.

We didnt bother to check if our rental property had phone line, just called up internet provider and took broadband.

Rest everything is their headache to resolve (i.e. scheduling technician's appointment, activating landline for broadband etc)

Right, I'll follow your advice. When I checked Telecom out online, though, they needed us to input our landline phone number to check if there was already a Telecom line in place.

The agent didn't seem to know if there was already a landline phone or what the number was.

We didnt have the no. either, just applied for Vfone (naked) broadband & they got everything done in 7 days flat (apparently our area is covered well within Auckland region) so connection wasn't much problem.

I would very much prefer to get Telecom if at all possible, as I've been using it for the past 5 months and have had very good experience with their connection.

Just hoping they can find things out for me if I just give them my address...

since for all we know there could already be a Telecom line in the place, we just don't know it.