Thread: Documenting teaching experience:

Default Documenting teaching experience:

Morning,

there probably already is a thread for this sharing past experiences.

My partner needs to put together documentation to prove that she has been teaching for the time she says that she has. Now, the things I have suggested are payslips, a letter from her deputy head indicating her role within the school and how long she has taught there for, a letter from a member of the pastoral care team which details her role in youth club and other school activities. She also has appraisals from her time there.

Would this be sufficient do you think, she also has documention from her NQT year when training, which we could include. I guess as much information as possible.

The other thing that I have read is that we need to photocopy every original piece of documnetation that we want sent back?? Also, as both of our X-Rays came back clear, these do not need to be sent???

Many thanks for any help that can be thrown our way.

Hi,
    I am about to get my qualifications assessed for teaching. I am going to request letters from the heads whom I have worked for on letter headed paper; surley they cannot dispute those? A couple of pay slips couldn't harm anything either.
    As for documents, you have to send off originals with a postage paid return envelope if you want them back.
    I know this is two months after the date of initial posting, hopefully you have had everything back approved!
    XxX

She needs to have a letter on headed notepaper from each school she has worked in stating the following:

the dates she has taught there
    which age range and subject she taught
    the number of hours worked each week, ie full time or part time

Then these need to be submitted with every piece of evidence you can think of to get her qualifications assessed, including a University document detailing the courses within her degree.

Photocopy everything!!

if you need your qualification assessed for the NZQA your certificates and transcripts are enough. and the NZTC accepts this.

if its for a pay assesment then you need a letter for the head stating the exact date you started and finished.

lucky for me I only worked in one school before coming to NZ but if you worked in more you will need a statement from all of your previous employers.

I know the NZTC is funny about GTPs but they accept PGCE/QTS certs as eveidence of your teaching.

The evidence we submitted was enough and we have had permanent residency approved in principle, just need those blue stickers, which seem just as valuable as a golden ticket entry to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory!!!!

I would say though, you really need to allow for NZQA and NZ teaching council to do there bit, we had to ask for an extension in the end.