Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18 months in..

Default 18 months in..

Well the last time I posted I was just about ready to pack my bags and go back to the UK and I was desperatley unhappy and homesick.
    Things have changed I don't know why but I am much more settled and more content living here.The things I use to miss seem less important and I have developed a good social circle and acceptance of my new life.
    I am very happy,our children are very settled and home life is great.We definately are more of a family here,more time together and having lots of fun.Our priorities are different,it has brought us closer together.
    Work is going well, I have just got the ward managers job which I love and it also provides me with regular hours so child care is no longer needed.
    We have had 6 holidays in 18 months and have another booked for January.We remain in our rental which is homely,clean,modern and warm whilst we consider buying again..
    It pains me to say after all my moaning I do like New Zealand and I am happy to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by britzy View Post
    It pains me to say after all my moaning I do like New Zealand and I am happy to stay.
    It seems to me that the people who adjust best to life in NZ are those who feel able to have a good moan and accept that things aren't perfect here. Living life here with rose tinted specs is setting yourself up for becoming disillusioned with life here when something undesirable happens.

I'm glad things are working out for you, I suppose summer is helping

Good on ya Britzy, amazing how six months can change your perspective on life

Very glad to hear things are better for you.

It's great that you stuck it for long enough to see things differently. Hope everything continues to go well for you now; I'm sure it will.

Well done Britzy, I think sometimes that initial hangover is common, good to hear things have worked out well

Great news Britzy and so glad to hear you have settled My first year was similar experience and I too am glad I stuck it out

Hope you and your family continue to enjoy NZ

Karenx

Great update - here's hoping that the next 18 months are even better

I am new on the forum as well, but just wanted to say congratulations on your 18 months and am pleased to hear you are happy!

Michelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast