Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost 3 weeks in and sorry for no updates

Default Almost 3 weeks in and sorry for no updates

We arrived on Saturday 9th October and promised to update everyone on how things went. We were just about ready to start updating the forum with our news, when sadly one of our beloved dogs passed away in her sleep on 17th October, a quiet Sunday morning in Golden Springs.

Our apologies for no further news, but things are still a bit raw at the moment.

I would like to stress though - that we think it was in no way anything to do with the journey - she arrived fit and well, and spent a beautiful week of sunshine, swimming and playing with Mum, Dad and her sister Daisy. She was a very old girl, tough as they come, but failing in health.

Please anyone about to transport their pets to NZ - this is a rare story - don't be put off - we believe she would have passed if she had stayed in the UK also. Best wishes to all those little doggies on their travels. xx

Hi April,

So sorry to hear the passing of your dog...

Must be hard on daisy too.

Hope all will go well for you while settling in NZ
    Last edited by fayevalentine; 28th October 2010 at 04:52 PM.

I'm so sorry about your dog.

Hi April

So glad to hear that you have arrived safely but sorry to hear your news of your dog. I think though, that you are right and that these things happen. Glad that she was with you and had enjoyed her new life, even if just for a short time. You will always have these memories.

Love

Mamee

Unhappy

So sorry to hear about the passing of your dog. Can't imagine how hard it was/is.

Oh gosh how awful, I'm so sorry!

Oh, I am SO sorry. (((()))) But I also know it would have been a bad time wherever it had happened - been there, done that - and thank you so much for being brave enough to come here and tell about it.

All good wishes for your settling in, and I hope you'll feel able in a little while to tell us how things are going in general.

"spent a beautiful week of sunshine, swimming and playing with Mum, Dad and her sister Daisy" -- oh Yay! that's what it's about...and maybe she just wanted to make sure you all got to your new home safely before she said, "my job is done". As hard as I imagine that was (oye, I just cannot imagine your grief & my heart goes out to you), ...what a happy ending for your doggy! Playing and swimming and knowing Daisy will "watch out for you" from here forward... I don't know you, but a hug from a fellow dog-lover. -Debi

So sorry for your loss. We will be leaving our beloved pets behind. My sweet Chelsea (bearded collie/terrier) is 10 and a half and she has separation anxiety when she's not around me. I think the move would be too great for her. It's killing me to think about moving and leaving her behind, but at the same time, I would not have knowledge of her passing when it does happen.

I hope you have a wealth of photos and memories of your precious pet.

Hi April,

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope the whole family pulls through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast