Thread: Questions on Job Offer

Default Questions on Job Offer

Hi, everyone!

how does one get an acceptable job offer from NZ employers from overseas...

My sister and I are checking out the possiblity of sponsoring me under Family stream,

i met all the requirement except for the job offer portion which is a MUST!

If the time frame for family steam sponsorship will take 18-24 months, how will the job offer suppose to wait for me for that long to get a visa?

and why is my sister (a NZ resident) required to have the capability to sponsor me for at least 24 months if i already got a job/ job offer...

can somebody enlighten me on this please...

thanks!

Probably the best chance of getting a job offer when you are still based overseas is to make a job-hunting visit to NZ.

Go in on a visitor's visa, let employers and agencies know when you are going to be there to be interviewed, and you may well find people are a lot more willing to take you seriously once they can meet you face to face.

Maybe your sister could help by doing some networking on your behalf before you arrive, too.

If you get a job offer, you can apply for a Work Permit to enable you to start the job within a reasonable time frame, and in the meantime, also submit your application for PR sponsored by your sister.

As to why the rules require your sponsor to be able to support you, when they also require you to be able to support yourself - who can say?

Thanks JandM!