Thread: What is Tier 2 interview process?

Default What is Tier 2 interview process?

Hi,
    I have submitted my EOI on June 2008 and I got the ITA June 2009 and interview scheduled by Dec 2010.
    Recently I was going through the possible interview questions I came to know about the Tier 2 interview process. However my interview invitation letter has no information for the Tier 2.
    Any idea?

Can you give a link to where you found this 'Tier 2' mentioned? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/commu...singpotential/ is what Immigration NZ says about interviews. This is what you have to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Can you give a link to where you found this 'Tier 2' mentioned? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/commu...singpotential/ is what Immigration NZ says about interviews. This is what you have to expect.

I got the details from the below link.
    http://migrantnewzealand.blogspot.co...1_archive.html

Ah, now I understand.

There are not two tiers of interviews. There are two tiers of assessment.

Here is the information from the guide to applying for PR under Skilled Migrant. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...vember2010.pdf

First tier assessment
    Your application will be assessed to ensure you meet the health, character, and English language
    requirements.
    Your application will also be assessed to determine whether your claim relating to employability and
    capacity-building factors and any other criteria is true.
    Your claim must meet or exceed the selection criteria at the date your Expression of Interest was
    selected from the Pool. In addition, you must qualify for points for either having recognised work
    experience or a recognised qualification(s).
    The process for considering whether you meet these requirements involves assessing your
    application against the Skilled Migrant Category requirements; and verifying whether the evidence
    you have provided to show that you meet the requirements, is genuine.

Second tier assessment

If you have met the first tier requirements of the Skilled Migrant Category, you will then need to
    show you have the ability to meet settlement and contribution requirements.
    If you are able to claim points for at least one of the following criteria you will be assessed by INZ as
    having demonstrated the ability to successfully settle in, and contribute to, New Zealand.
    • You qualify for 50 points for an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand or current skilled
    employment in New Zealand for less than 12 months or
    • You qualify for 60 points for current skilled employment in New Zealand for 12 months or more or
    • You have undertaken full time study for at least two years in New Zealand that has resulted in:
    • the award of a doctorate or master’s degree or
    • a qualification in an identified future growth area or relevant to an occupation in an absolute
    skills shortage area.
    If you are not able to claim points for any of the above factors, you will be further assessed to
    determine whether you can demonstrate an ability to realise your potential to successfully settle
    and contribute to New Zealand. This assessment will be based on:
    • information obtained during a structured interview with you and other family members included in
    your application and
    • all other information contained in your application for residence and
    • any further verification of your application (including information provided at interview).

Thanks JandN
    your answer is very helppfull.