Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persistence

Default Persistence

For those still slogging through the difficult process of landing a job offer from overseas, I just wanted to relate that the very first NZ company that I ever contacted regarding job prospects, and who interviewed me nearly two years ago via Skype (and then decided not to fill the vacancy due to deteriorating business prospects at the time), have now re-interviewed me and are funding a one-week recce on their dime.

Even if no offer results, a free week in NZ will have been worth the effort that I put in to stay in touch with them. So don't be put off by setbacks -- it is my distinct impression that my completion of the PR process in the interim and my continued contact were what eventually made me stand out as a serious candidate.

Congratulations, and the very best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sks View Post
    For those still slogging through the difficult process of landing a job offer from overseas, I just wanted to relate that the very first NZ company that I ever contacted regarding job prospects, and who interviewed me nearly two years ago via Skype (and then decided not to fill the vacancy due to deteriorating business prospects at the time), have now re-interviewed me and are funding a one-week recce on their dime.

Even if no offer results, a free week in NZ will have been worth the effort that I put in to stay in touch with them. So don't be put off by setbacks -- it is my distinct impression that my completion of the PR process in the interim and my continued contact were what eventually made me stand out as a serious candidate.

Congratulations sks, and good luck on the interview.

SKS,

Congratulations and spot on. The self progressed PR and the persistence is a massive selling point for any employee.

Hope all goes well.

Well done SKS . Good luck with your interview and enjoy your week here

Well done SKS & here's wishing you ALL the best !!! . Similar thing happened with me too.

I'd suggest everyone else to keep good relationship even if nothing works out in short term.

Hey, thanks for the good wishes. Will advise itinerary once it's set (for now, I know I'll be in Auckland and Hamilton).

eassae, you need a case of Manhattan Specials, let me know (don't know quite how much old school Brooklyn you absorbed while there).

Quote Originally Posted by sks View Post
    Hey, thanks for the good wishes. Will advise itinerary once it's set (for now, I know I'll be in Auckland and Hamilton).

eassae, you need a case of Manhattan Specials, let me know (don't know quite how much old school Brooklyn you absorbed while there).

Cheers for the offer, we stocked up though. If you decide to take a side trip to Welly let me know and lets grab a beer.

Congrats on the trip and good luck with the interview. I appreciate the timing of your post. Been feeling a bit down as people are so ssslllllloooooooooowww to respond to requests for meetings. It was just what I needed to hear (even if I am a little jealous).

Best of luck! We are in Hamilton so drop me a PM if you would like a tour or a chat with a former US resident.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast