Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gift Ideas – prize competition

Default Christmas Gift Ideas – prize competition

It’ll be Christmas again soon and, as usual, I’m short of good ideas for gifts.

I suspect I’m not the only one in this situation, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a competition to help myself, forum members and other readers out.

What is your best idea for a gift that costs NZ$100 or less. (Feel free to mention multiple ideas.) The gift should appeal to both boys and girls aged 12 to 16. (There, that’s made it harder!)

The prize for the best idea (in my opinion) is a gift voucher worth £20 (Amazon.co.uk) or US$30 (Amazon.com). Please make all suggestions before the end of December 7 New Zealand time.

Who can enter: Open to all forum members.

$99 of alcopops.

Do 12-16 year olds want anything else? Oh, cash. I assume to buy alcopops.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    $99 of alcopops.

Do 12-16 year olds want anything else? Oh, cash. I assume to buy alcopops.
    Not even slightly funny.

Bit location dependent, but how about surfing lessons!

Quote Originally Posted by ENZ View Post

I suspect I’m not the only one in this situation, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a competition to help myself, forum members and other readers out.

What is your best idea for a gift that costs NZ$100 or less. (Feel free to mention multiple ideas.) The gift should appeal to both boys and girls aged 12 to 16. (There, that’s made it harder!)

The prize for the best idea (in my opinion) is a gift voucher worth £20 (Amazon.co.uk) or US$30 (Amazon.com). Please make all suggestions before the end of December 7 New Zealand time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Not even slightly funny.
    ROFL yeah takes all the fun out of stealing it if they have the cash!

i-tunes gift certificate

movie tickets (voucher)

E.B. Games gift certificate

How about a good set of hair straighteners?

Some form of shoe mounted mirror so as they mope around staring down at the ground they can still see where they are going?

Or 3 physio appointments for texters thumb.

Sorry, but the neices and nephews have all universally been asking for i-tunes / cash for the last 4 years. Put the money towards games consoles / games, and that's both boys and girls.

That is one of the reasons why we - in our wider family - don't Xmas gifts any more. And this now for a number of years. We concentrate on birthdays to be "really" individual with out presents. So a general answer to this "problem" is IMHO not possible.

Is this for presents remaining in the country, or to be sent overseas?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast