Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ship has landed - 60 boxes to be inspected!

Default Ship has landed - 60 boxes to be inspected!

Anyone else been told they would be looking at this many?

I can't quite believe it - everything is spotlessly clean, disinfected and indivudally wrapped in sealed plastic bags. All furniture was newly treated before packing too. All this is declared on the inventory. What the hell is their problem.

After paying a fortune for MAF to inspect my air freight - which they didn't even open by the way - this just adds insult to injury - am dreading the bill!

Plus - can't wait to see what's missing or broken - not!

Anyone know how much 60 boxes will cost to 'inspect'?

Did your packers maybe label all these boxes 'miscellaneous'?

From what I know MAF charges only if treatment is required for your boxes. We got 14 boxes from UK (which arrived last week) and only 1 box was checked (it had MAF sticker on it). Nothing extra was charged though.

Each box is labelled on the inventory i.e. indoor gym equipment, treadmill, gym stepper, punch bag, scrubbed and disinfected footwear, scrubbed, disinfected and repainted garden tools etc etc.

Everything is labelled brilliantly on the inventory - I went out of my way to ensure the packers did a really good job.

Did you used to live in a rural area?

Just to add, our solo box which got inspected had about 20 pairs of shoes/sandals/heels. Perhaps its part of inspection criterial not to let such things in without a check.

Oh,,,just realized, are you sure your pets didnt mess around any of those boxes?

Lived in London and the dogs were out of the house for two weeks before we started the cleaning, treating etc.

Absolutely no idea what's going with MAF unless they've just decided to pick on someone?

Hard luck, but don't take it personally- they are sure to inspect boxes labelled "miscellaneous gardening and sport stuff" but that doesn't mean you can avoid inspection with proper labeling and cleaning, it just means you'll hopefully not be paying for treatment! Sounds like your container got picked for 'inspect all potentially hazardous', which is just bad luck. Hope you get your stuff soon.

Nah! I'm sure they would not be picky about it. If you have copy of inventory, cross check on possible things in those boxes. Only if MAF finds anything AND if it needs treatment only then MAF would charge you for treatment/fumigation etc [that's what our local agent told us]. Relax and don't panic, it will ease out.

There shouldn't be a single thing in any of those boxes that requires fumigating - it's all spotless.

I put my back out three weeks before the movers arrived, so had friends and family round constantly helping me with scrubbing, cleaning, disinfecting and repainting stuff - after all the huge effort that went in, I can't believe we get targeted like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast