Thread: Prices Auckland

Thumbs up Prices Auckland

Hi NZ,
    I'm moving to Auckland in January 2011, i wanted to know the
    prices of

clothing items,
    Electrical items and
    Food & Grocery.

Can you guys give me some links where i can check the prices of the above.

Zak, I suggest you use Google. Enter the terms you are interested in, with 'NZ', and you will get a range of listings.

Google is the best place. Try to look out for NZ websites: warehouse extra, pak & save, countdown, harvey norman (electronics), JB hifi, dress smart/k mart etc for clothing, Briscoes (for kitchenwares etc, they run some deals wednesday through sunday), Farmers.co.nz.

Hope this helps!!

have a look here too - http://salefinder.co.nz/ - they have the latest specials for a number of NZ stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Google is the best place. Try to look out for NZ websites: warehouse extra, pak & save, countdown, harvey norman (electronics), JB hifi, dress smart/k mart etc for clothing, Briscoes (for kitchenwares etc, they run some deals wednesday through sunday), Farmers.co.nz.

Hope this helps!!
    Hey Sun777 Thanks for the info, This was exactly i was looking for.
    I tried google JadeM & Sun777 but i couldn't get any proper informations. Thanks anyway guys

I actually find it quite difficult to find prices of items from NZ websites. Likewise there are a lot of companies which don't sell online at all, they just display their latest mailer/catalogue. In the UK I was forever comparing and buying via the web, but don't manage it here, very frustrating at times.

I wonder if you'd get an idea of types of shops by looking at a Mall directory, such as Sylvia Park (Auckland) or any Westfield Mall for example? That way you'll get names of stores which you could then google.

Quote Originally Posted by YouMeAndThree View Post
    Likewise there are a lot of companies which don't sell online at all, they just display their latest mailer/catalogue. In the UK I was forever comparing and buying via the web, but don't manage it here, very frustrating at times.
    The data cap in internet connections is both for national and international traffic. That is a huge bottleneck for domestic internet services. Easy to blame the size of the country or market but it's not that, plenty of small countries around the world to prove it.

NZ is destined for a "little Internet boom" when the domestic data bubble is burst.

Quote Originally Posted by petri View Post
    NZ is destined for a "little Internet boom" when the domestic data bubble is burst.
    he he he

Quote Originally Posted by petri View Post
    Go on, you lot who are already there, keep agitating - I'd like for that to be under way by the time we get there!