Thread: Container Unloaded & MAF Done Inspection Today

Default Container Unloaded & MAF Done Inspection Today

Today was the only other day I was really worried about since moving here, after picking up my dogs from AKL last month.

Hadn't seen our stuff for six months so you can imagine the worry.

Anyway, we met the container at our storage place in Lower Hutt this morning along with the three removal guys from Conroys - John, John & Jason. Firstly I have to say their smiles on arrival put me straight at ease. It was boiling hot and must have been a nightmare for them to lug all our stuff around and restack in a pitch black storage unit. However, they worked really hard, opened every box I wanted to check for damage willingly, were more than thoughtful, helpful and reassuring and generally were some of the nicest people I've met in ages. They even gave me the inventory (I had my UK copy) and they read every box number out as they unloaded so I could check everything was there - which it was!

I cannot fault their attitude, work ethic, professionalism and general 'nice, fun and cheery' demeanour towards the whole thing.

They even made extra effort to find my Grandmothers things that I was worried about, checked them for damage, repacked and stacked them for me. In fact they made several piles of stuff for us to check, take away, take things out of and were happy to tape back up and store. Nothing was too much trouble - and they were on a flat fee which I agreed back in the UK, so they weren't even earning extra for the extra work. Hence we decided to give them $100 tip for a few beers - they couldn't believe it and waved and tooted us all the way down the road.

Can't say enough about how great they were.

Even the MAF inspectors were fab and only opened about a dozen packages out of 45 marked ones, and they complimented us on our cleaning etc. Believe me it really does pay to go overboard with cleaning and repainting etc, as Mr MAF gave us his 'importer of the year' award and decided half the marked boxes would be spotless without checking. Let's hope the bill isn't too bad. They were only there for half an hour - when we were told to expect several hours! Mr MAF even joked about his wife etc!

All in all a very good and positive day for us - way better than we ever expected - and - so far, none of our stuff seems to be broken! :-)

Excellent news. It's really good to hear a positive shipping story for a change!

Glad - btw - MAF Done - oops meant MAF Inspection Done Today! How bad is I? ;-)

Brill to hear a good shipping story, well done Conroys who just scored themselves some much deserved free publicity

Bet it's ace to have your gear after six months- enjoy!

That's fabulous news April

Awesome news! I am so happy for you! It must feel great to have all your stuff now.

We got our stuff yesterday. MAF just inspected the tent. And nothing was broken to boot! Hurrah for U-pack and Transworld!

Yup, we used Conroy's as well and they were great, would have no hesitation recommending them!!

ah, that is great!!!

Nice one