Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I- Tunes

Unhappy I- Tunes

Has anyone in NZ managed to buy an I-Tunes gift card for someone in the UK?

I started trying to buy a giftcard on the UK I-Tunes site but it won't let me enter a credit card with an NZ address......

Then I looked on the NZ site and couldn't even find out where to buy them - although they do make reference to gift certificates and gift cards......

Then when I find a gift card link to click on, it took me to a US site...where it says various things about the recipient needing to have an account in the same country as where the gift card was bought from.........

Am I missing something obvious? Surely it should be easier than this!?!

The phrase Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr come to mind.

Tia

No, it's trickier. If you buy a NZ itunes gift card and send it by email you may find the same thing happens as the ones my sister bought us from the UK- they can't be used! You need to go onto the UK site and buy them or get the recipient to download the NZ itunes store. At least this was the case two years ago ...

Oh wait, stopid me- you're smart and were trying to buy it from the UK store. Hmmm, maybe get someone in the UK to do it and do a transfer? What a faff though! Can't believe they won't let you put a NZ card through. I guess this is the sort of thing why people keep UK credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Oh wait, stopid me- you're smart and were trying to buy it from the UK store. Hmmm, maybe get someone in the UK to do it and do a transfer? What a faff though! Can't believe they won't let you put a NZ card through. I guess this is the sort of thing why people keep UK credit cards.
    It is a UK credit card but the bills get sent to a NZ address and it only lets me select certain countries on the drop down menu and NZ isn't one of them.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tia

Quote Originally Posted by Tia Maria View Post
    Has anyone in NZ managed to buy an I-Tunes gift card for someone in the UK?

I started trying to buy a giftcard on the UK I-Tunes site but it won't let me enter a credit card with an NZ address......

Then I looked on the NZ site and couldn't even find out where to buy them - although they do make reference to gift certificates and gift cards......

Then when I find a gift card link to click on, it took me to a US site...where it says various things about the recipient needing to have an account in the same country as where the gift card was bought from.........

Am I missing something obvious? Surely it should be easier than this!?!

The phrase Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr come to mind.

Tia
    Easy - Apple is an American company. The vast majority of Americans don't understand the concept of people living in a different country to their friends. The Apple web developers are part of this vast majority. Ergo you can't do it!

I know this doesn't really help but I just bought some iTunes cards at the local Harvey Norman and they say on the back "Valid only on iTunes Store for New Zealand" so they are country specific.

Not very helpful for gifting to other countries.

Oh well Amazon it is then....

Tia

Does anybody know if apple products are region locked? I have an iPad and a couple of nano's, some purchased in San Jose, CR and others in the USA. I haven't synced anything since getting back in country.

No they are not - hence iPads were on sale around the world via ebay or Trademe before being officially available through normal channels

Quote Originally Posted by neilw71 View Post
    No they are not - hence iPads were on sale around the world via ebay or Trademe before being officially available through normal channels
    Really? Hummm. Makes me want one even more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast