Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On arrival, need to register ?

Default On arrival, need to register ?

After thinking we'd never be able to get to our UK airport due to the snow and ice over last weekend, we finally arrived in Auckland yesterday.

I read somewhere in an old leaflet that it was necessary to register our arrival into the country with INZ, but have never seen reference to this in any posting on this forum. We are here on a skilled migrant residents visa. Is there a need to inform anyone on arrival ?

As long as you get your passport checked at passport control on arrival it should all be automatic.

Nothing, just check out through immigration and done!! Welcome to NZ

The only compulsory "register" for people in NZ is that "you are required by law to enrol to be registered on the Parliamentary Electoral Roll. However, unlike in some countries, voting is not compulsory in New Zealand" from http://www.elections.org.nz/enrolmen...ailed-faq.html This applies not only to citizens but also to permanent residents!

Get yourself "registered" from tax by filling out a form at your nearest post shop. Don't forget to take your passport, back account details and proof of address.

Then when your IRD code arrives in ten working days complete the process by going online to setup your online access.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    After thinking we'd never be able to get to our UK airport due to the snow and ice over last weekend, we finally arrived in Auckland yesterday.

I read somewhere in an old leaflet that it was necessary to register our arrival into the country with INZ, but have never seen reference to this in any posting on this forum. We are here on a skilled migrant residents visa. Is there a need to inform anyone on arrival ?
    You can register with the British Consulate so they can help you if you ever need it. https://www.locate.fco.gov.uk/Locate...ata=Individual this applies to any country though, not just NZ (well at least any country with a consulate office)!

to register our arrival into the country with INZ
    It happened - you went through Immigration at the airport, and the computer "knows" you are in NZ.

Yes, you're officially here Welcome to NZ!

BTW you don't need to register to vote until you've been here a year.

Hmm. Depends. My S18a condition stated that I had to let the nearest NZIS office know my address as soon as was pratical when I arrived. I just dropped them a letter with my address.

So it may depend on your permit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast