Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Warehouse

Default The Warehouse

Do you find some things in there overpriced?

UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!

I refuse to buy anything there anymore. I can usually get it at Farmer's for less. And I prefer the nicer ambiance! Why shop in a "warehouse" if you aren't getting wholesale prices?

I am also very irritated because I know they are buying US overstock (for pennies) because I see the "exclusive to Target" or "only at Wal Mart" on their stock. They buy US overstock for literally less than from the manufacturer and then price gouge! I have compared prices to Wal Mart (of the wal mart marked overstock) and The Warehouse retails the items for usually 5x the price!

Quote Originally Posted by stephenom View Post
    Do you find some things in there overpriced?
    Yes, but I try to avoid going there as I am addicted to buying stuff I don't really need!!

The only 'bargain buy' I get from there is the washing powder (Persil) when it is on special as its usually reduced from $23 to $15 for a 5kg bag.

It's a shop. You can go if you want, or stay away if you don't.

I keep going back not for the bargains, but because I'm determined to identify what it is that makes the unique Warehouse smell.

(actually, there's a mix of stuff there that isn't that cheap, and what I think is cheap. Kitchen stuff - pyrex bowls, pans, I've found cheap. Pillows were. And, a temporary wardrobe for $40. No idea about food/clothes as I don't look there.) I also find it convenient as they stay open until way past the time everywhere else has closed.

So, on average, where's the cheapest 1 stop place to buy stuff?

Assume living in Ack suburb with no car (so could be troublesome to purposely visit farmer's markets just to get fresh veg)

the things i buy there don't seem to be overpriced but i'm sure theres a lot of stuff that i haven't even looked at that is overpriced. We normally only buy clothing and footwear there when its on sale. But you know what everyone says, don't buy anything unless its on sale because its all overpriced at the full price.

There doesn't seem to be a one stop shop for bargains - I tend to go to various shops for various things, and of course always check out the discount days advertised on TV. It's very much a case of getting used to buying your shopping etc at various different places, not one big Tesco or Argos etc etc.

To be honest, I never bothered looking for bargains in the UK, but am trying to be more careful here , and I think that's probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    I keep going back not for the bargains, but because I'm determined to identify what it is that makes the unique Warehouse smell.
    new shoe rubber and rotten milk?
    (though maybe only the Henderson Warehouse has that smell)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
    UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!

I refuse to buy anything there anymore. I can usually get it at Farmer's for less. And I prefer the nicer ambiance! Why shop in a "warehouse" if you aren't getting wholesale prices?
    I find that hard to believe (the usual part, I am sure there are some exceptions), do you have any examples?

Warehouse have some great bargains, especially when they get the pricing wrong which they do a lot at our store. We got a stainless steel pedal bin for $9.95 - think it was supposed to be $49.95!!

They also have some great specials on shampoo, washing powder, moutwash and toothpaste. Generally much cheaper than pak n save.

I work 6 days a week and it's kind of the only non food shop open around here. I can't believe farmers is cheaper though

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast