Thread: WebSphere MQ

Default WebSphere MQ

Hi all,

Is there strong demand in NZ for skilled personnel in WebSphere MQ sys admin as well as programming? I have over 5 years experience in development and third line support of WebSphere MQ so have deep knowledge of MQ internals and was wondering what job prospects would be like?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidream View Post
    Hi all,

Is there strong demand in NZ for skilled personnel in WebSphere MQ sys admin as well as programming? I have over 5 years experience in development and third line support of WebSphere MQ so have deep knowledge of MQ internals and was wondering what job prospects would be like?

A quick search on SEEK
    http://www.seek.co.nz/JobSearch?Date...archFrom=quick says that there are 203 jobs adverts containing Websphere. Please bare in mind that one position can be advertised more than once by multiple agents, etc.

By comparison, a search for Oracle reveals nearly 800 adverts.

Given that it is middleware & J2EE, I would broaden my search to Weblogic/Aqualogic etc. Similarly for MQSI and other EAI technologies. Although my background is mostly Weblogic & Tuxedo.

Hi Rogercruse,

Thanks for the reply. I did do a similar search myself previously, though like you pointed out, a lot of them are duplicate adverts. Also, many of them were for more generalised roles requiring broader product knowledge not so in-depth to any given field. Also, I was hoping my post would serve as an unashamed advert of my skills in case of any potential recruiters out there in the forum