Thread: Making NTSC TV work in NZ?

Question Making NTSC TV work in NZ?

I am hoping somebody will come along and tell me what works.

We have a big US TV in our media room that we just use for movies and video games.

We don't watch TV much so don't want Sky.

We have been watching our small kiwi TV for the occasional show.

I thought we could buy one of those Freeview receivers to get the US TV working and picking up the digital broadcasts but sunnyand72 recently posted this did not work in another thread.

Our PS3 has wifi and offers TVNZ ON DEMAND but with capped internet, that seems a bad solution.

But what about this product that makes your PS3 pick up TV? Will it work for a US TV? Anyone know?

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/Play-TV/3668744/

Any other solutions?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
    Our PS3 has wifi and offers TVNZ ON DEMAND but with capped internet, that seems a bad solution. But what about this product that makes your PS3 pick up TV? Will it work for a US TV? Anyone know?

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/Play-TV/3668744/

Any other solutions?

Thanks!
    Hiya, I'd say that if the PS3 can be used to pick up the signal then your "TV" is literally just a medium to show the pictures.

There was a big drama back in the UK a few years ago.

People pay for a TV licence and a B&W licence was cheaper than colour.

When video recorders came into play, those people with a black and white TV still signed up for the B&W licence until the lovely TV licencing authority decided to charge them for a full colour one, because the VIDEO was receiving and recording the programmes in colour - even though playback wasn't able to be viewed in colour.

Anyway I'm ranting. I think it seems like it would work! but obviously that's my opinion and I'm sure someone who really knows better will be along in a minute!