Thread: Returning of Original Documents

Default Returning of Original Documents

Hello Guys,

I would just like to know how long will it take for NZIS to return the original documents upon submitting the ITA?

We are planning to send all original documents with photocopy of each except for the passports which requires to have its copy certified.

Is sending the original documents advisable and safe? are there any instances whereby NZIS misplaced or lost those documents?

JARHEAD

There have been situations when few people got their fragile documents torn/damaged (but it also depends on the condition you submit to NZIS, of'course there wont be anyone intentionally sitting there to tear the valuable documents apart). Generally the documents are returned in 3-4 weeks and even longer (if they checks take that longer), if you need your documents back then write a covering letter to your CO about which documents you would want to be returned (possibly with a reason). Hope that helps.

Hi! I have been AGHAST at how quickly NZIS does everything (compared with U.S. Government anything). I received our original documents back within 2 days of NZIS receiving them (our passport, etc). I know that has not been everyone's situation, so ...

good luck!

When we submitted our ITA, NZIS returned the originals the next day. of course it took further 3 or so days for us to receive the documents via the courrier. However I must admit it caught us by suprise as we didnt expect to see them for quite a some time

I submitted certified copies of everything and it was fine

We submitted originals of our brith certs and Uni transcript and had everything else notarized. We received our originals back in perfect shape in only a few days.