Thread: Sealed X-ray envelope

Default Sealed X-ray envelope

I just had my X-ray done on Thursday and when I was given the x-ray and forms back, the forms were in a sealed envelope. The guy told me not to open the envelope as immigration will ask me to do the x-ray again if they were opened. Surely he is wrong?
    The envelope remains sealed :-/

Thanks

I believe that Aussie immigration requires it to be sealed, and this is quite often said as they don't realise that NZ is different. However, aside from wantig to get something for your money then there's nothing of interest on that form, as if there was anything to report then the radiologist / doctor would have brought it to your attention. Note that the above s based on what i did last year, and the situation in relation to this question around that time.

Not sure what's mentioned on new guidelines but we saw our results (nothing was mentioned about opening/sealing the envelope), only thing I remember is our police clearance were sent directly to INZ (address that we provided). This is something totally new!

We saw medical results before submitting them to INZ, none of them were sealed though.

I think I remember the doctor saying that the people in the hospital think that NZ is part of Australia so maybe they're mixing it up with the Aussie forms.

Just curious what the form says so I'm going open it!

Quote Originally Posted by kelzer View Post
    I think I remember the doctor saying that the people in the hospital think that NZ is part of Australia...

Australia..also known as the West Island..

Nick..

We has this back in 2006 when we did our medicals......luckily we were already aware this and asked the doctor doing the medical to check the medical form guidelines and she discovered that, yes, it is only Austrailia that required the medical forms to be in a sealed envelope with a signature of the Dr or a stamp across the sealed bit. The Dr said it was the first time someone had even mentioned it to her before and she has always previously sealed the envelopes, but told anyone at the time whether there was anything of concern.

I too had similar experience, doc sealed everything in a big envelop including x-ray film and advised not to open it. Problem started when courier (UPS) refused to accept x-ray film as document and since it was destined to china, any non-document shipment goes through customs clearance means extra hassle and delays. So I opened the envelop, took the x-ray film out and sent rest of the docs to NZIS Beijing (while keeping original x-ray film). No question was asked by NZIS Beijing.

We had our xrays done and then the doctor doing the medical assessment for NZ imigration gave a full report on our xrays and told us to keep them in case NZ asked for them so we did and we still have them. This was in UK so maybe different countries differ also this was back in 2006 so maybe they need to see them now. But our doctor said they were normal so as long as we kept them we could take them home with us

I was told by the panel doc to ask for the form to be given back to me and to remind them it was for NZ. Yes it is different for Australia, where they don't let you see it.

When we do NZ immigration X-rays (in NZ) we give the paperwork (the signed form and X-ray report) back to the customer - these are not sealed. The actual xray is not required unless there is an abnormality. For the Australian ones we have to print a film and we send the film and xray directly to Aussie immigration. So the posters above are right - yours has been treated as an Aussie rather than NZ Xray.