Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Britannia shipping ..... FANTASTIC !!!!

Default Britannia shipping ..... FANTASTIC !!!!

Folks - just thought I'd pass this on. I know that at any given time on the forum there's folks out there who are getting quotes for their shipping.

Would just like to say that - so far - Britannia have been FANTASTIC.

As you may or may not know, we're having abit of hassle with the exchange of contracts for of the house sale, I've had to cancel the shippers twice already.

They are due here next Monday but I had to call them today to say that things may have to be postponed again. I felt dreadful phoning them, aware that I was probably causing them alot of hassle.

They were brilliant, told me not to waste one moment worrying about it. They had booked the actual container for next Wednesday but they can easily cancel it. They have given me until Thursday morning to say yay or nay. If I have to postpone again they said that they would move heaven and earth (excuse the pun) to fit me in at our convenience.

Their actualy words were "it's not your fault Mrs Norrie - it's the fault of the system".

All this wonderful customer service and they were the cheapest (bar one) quote.

So ....... if I had to recommend a shipping co ...... I'd go for Britannia.

Of course ........ my final opinion may be very different but .....

SO FAR SO GOOD

Diny

Ouch its the 'B' word!!! We shipped with them when we came 2 years ago. Never again. Our belongings and us were treated like dirt once the cheque was in their hand. This may of course just be one particular branch but we lost thousands of $ in replacing and repairing broken and damaged items. The insurance would not pay out on them even though we produced photographic evedence that their packing and treatment were at fault.

Hope you have a better experience than this. We have booked with Crown to return to the UK and the sales guy here in Auckland said they have had Britania on their black list for the last 5 years.

Good luck!!

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut

This is spooky, we had Crown come to give us a quote and the rep was a complete prat !!!! Bumbled on as though he was just guessing and every question I asked I got a 'flimsy' answer. Also, they had the gaul to quote me a good £1500 MORE than the next lowest quote.

I learnt more about the reps mail order bride (which for some reason he felt very proud about) than I did about how my shipment would be handled.

Horses for courses I guess (hope).

Diny

I'm nearly certain we used Britannia.............no problems whatsoever.

Crown rep was also a bumbling fool. (Maybe the same one Diny!!!)
    And I d his raincoat!!!!!!!!!

No - beg your pardon - I stand corrected!!
    It was Trans Euro that we used.....

THey were really really good!
    The rep who came to estimate for us was SO friendly - she was amazing.
    http://www.teamrelocations.com/index.php

We're halfway through using Britannia's services and so far they have been ok.

No complaints about the service back in the UK, although they were a little pushy about getting us to confirm a date (we had problems finalising an exchange / completion date too)

As far as packing and moving our stuff out of the house, no problems.

We mailed them a couple of days ago to ask for an ETA on our container in Chch, so far no response although they have read the mail. We going to be calling them in couple of hours so there may be an update later.

Quote Originally Posted by Diny

I learnt more about the reps mail order bride (which for some reason he felt very proud about)

Oooh - you must have had the same rep we got - the "bride" was in the back of the rep car huddled asleep under the blanket until it was time for him to go and she needed the toilet. Not a lot of english was spoken :eek

Tanya

Very weird - must be the same guy came to our house and had a foreign bride in the car who stayed there until she needed a wee!
    How peculiar. That guy must cover the whole of England

Aaarrgghh, now I want to hear the mail order bride story WITHOUT the expense of having to go back to the UK to get a Britannia rep round

This is quite spooky. Was he tall guy with dark hair - full of his own importance?

Wouldn't it be a laugh if it was the same bloke? He did tell me that he travels all over the place doing quotes.

There can't be that many Crown reps with a mail order bride who sleeps under a blanket and pee's alot

Jeeze I wish I could remember his name.

Diny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast