Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAF - Pretty thorough

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Well hot on the heels of importing my used tent where they decided they didn't need to inspect it, then I just got an envelope containing half a dozen xmas and birthday cards from the UK. Every single one of those cards had been opened, then resealed with some selotape. Must think my family are 'tight as' because there wouldn't have been any money in there anyway, but it was well checked.

There was a big thing in the UK just before we came over where several postmen were caught opening and resealing Christmas cards and removing vouchers etc. They were all charged and this sort of thing has been clamped down and is very very rare.I know this was not the case here as you had a Maf stamp
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 7th December 2010 at 08:54 AM.

How strange--we just received 3 large boxes of holiday gifts from my mother in the US. They didn't open anything at all. And she sends boxes quite frequently and they have never opened any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    There was a big thing in the UK just before we came over where several postmen were caught opening and resealing Christmas cards and removing vouchers etc. They were all charged and this sort of thing has been clamped down and is very very rare.I know this was not the case here as you had a Maf stamp
    Well in theroy it could have been opened in the UK, then MAF inspected it because of all the sticky tape. But the pack was marked as a sender from East Yorkshire, so it was clear there was going to be no money / vouchers inside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12