Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30days before the move...TERRIFIED!

Default 30days before the move...TERRIFIED!

Quote Originally Posted by auskiwi View Post
    ...waking at 2am wondering if you have lost your mind.
    Auskiwi I saw your quote in another thread and laughed so hard!!

I awoke at 2am...now it's 4 am and I still have not found my mind. We're in the last 30 days before the move and I'm TERRIFIED!, eeek

Many of you have been through this...

We just sold our houses...
    Now selling the cars...
    Dogs have begun their 30day out ritual --and one has a stinkin' worm they say can be treated easily but still scary...
    We shipped our 40' container 45 days ago and have been living in a very empty un-homey house....
    OH retired (and looking for projects but poor lost soul has no tools to do anything)
    I'm still trying to work these last weeks, but am quitting my 18-year career to do something totally new!
    We're going over budget on the cottage they're building on our land in NZ...
    And...just because we didn't have enough adventure and stress, we decided to bring my husband's teenage daughter with us and are now dealing with custody battles in court this month...and not to mention the adjustment of a teenager in a very empty house.

That's the scary stuff...now if I could only be strong enough to remember this version in my head throughout the day as I tick through the list above:

We sold our houses! YAY!
    We get cash from the cars we sell! YAY!
    We can take our babies with us (the dogs, LOL)
    We get to have all our comfortable, familiar household goods when we arrive!...but have also realized through this process just how much "stuff" you can live without!
    OH gets pension for life! -- and will have many tools and projects on the other end! ha.
    I get to pick what I want to do instead of what I had to dofor a living...
    Our land is 2 acres and stunning views of the ocean...we would never be able to afford that here in the US and of course not see the ocean here in AZ
    And...my step-daughter is an amazing young woman, with incredible resilience with an awesome opportunity in front of her with this move. She is a bright, sunny light in our lives right now so I'll take it one day at a time on learning the stepmom thing.

...thank you forumites. after typing all of that out, I got watery eyes and remembered why we are really doing this move. And I feel better ... Now it's 4:20 am and perhaps I can go back to bed now.

Thank you for having this forum!

What a lovely post. All the best for looking at the bright side of the coin more often than the dark in these weeks to come. ((())) (The bad feelings experienced in the small hours of the morning are not to be taken seriously unless and until the warmth of the day has had a chance to get to them. )

I am so envious! I'm at least a year away - perhaps two. The road to NZ is not just one-way...you can always come back. Hoping you get a better night's sleep tonight!

Just try as hard as you can to stay focused on the positives (and a cottage overlooking the ocean in NZ is a pretty big positive!). It does get scary as you get closer - for me the fear didn't really disappear until we were actually on the plane and I could finally take a long deep breath after months of planning and organizing.

I agree with Jan about the night thoughts-they nearly always dissipate in the light of day:-)

Amy.

Your glass is most definitely half-full, best of luck to you, I have a feeling you'll be more than fine!

It does get to you at night in the days before travelling..but you are right..keep focussed on the positives, whenever the doubts assail remind yourself of the benefits.

Thank you everyone for the words. I am glad I wasn't going mad....You are right, the warmth of the day did melt away the creepies...! I'm sure I'll have other sleepless nights, but ...today I'm excited! We went for Chinese Food and I got this in my cookie, "Live in THIS moment" so, i'm livin' in it ...and also focusing on the positives in the near future. weeeee

HUGZ
    You will soon be on your way . . .

So excited for you!!! Hopefully we'll be right behind you! Hoping to leave Kentucky for New Plymouth soon...

Cantwait! I'm having those fears and we haven't even sold our house yet! I love your attitude and am envious of the ocean view you will have!

Since we lowered the price on our house we've had more viewings, and that sparked my own inner fears of, if we do sell, when do we set the closing date, when should we hand in notice at work, when do we schedule to have our furnishings shipped, etc., etc., etc.!

What is the date of your departure?

Keep us posted regarding your adventure! Best to you!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast