Thread: WTR application: visa/permit and arrival date

Default WTR application: visa/permit and arrival date

I'm trying to finalize my WTR application to submit this week (finally have all the other paperwork to go with it!), and have a question about Section H, where I have to indicate what I am applying for. (I did find one other thread with a similar question, but have a question about the answer!)

So my options are to apply for a work visa, a work permit, or a work permit and a multiple journey work visa. I understand the difference between a visa and a permit (visa allows you to enter the country, permit is what allows you to stay and work in the country). I definitely need a multiple entry visa because I travel a lot for my work.

For the work visa option, it asks me to indicate the date I will arrive in NZ.

For the work permit option, it asks me to indicate the date I arrived in NZ (suggesting I am already in NZ).

So based on this, since I'm not currently in NZ, I would mark that I am applying for a work visa (and then a permit would be granted upon arrival)? Or do I (as suggested in the previous thread) indicate that I am applying for both a multiple entry visa and work permit?

Secondly, I have to indicate an arrival date. Is this the day that I intend to come? I haven't got a ticket yet since I haven't even submitted the application!!

I'll be going to the NZ embassy to submit the application, so will ask about it there, but thought I would see if anyone else has had trouble with this and has any suggestions! Thanks!

It sounds as though you have been filling in a form that you obtained some time ago - is that right?

The reason I ask is that the Immigration Act, 2009, came into force on 29th November, and the names for many things have changed, including the fact that there's no such thing any more as 'a permit'. Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ts/summary.htm is an explanations of the main differences. This is the updated version of the form, http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...vember2010.pdf, and Section H doesn't have the same wording.

You've got to be kidding me!! I downloaded the form after I accepted a job offer in late September (probably in early October). The one I have is from May 2010. I had most of it filled out already so that once I got my police certificate I would be able to submit the application right away. I hadn't filled anything in for Section H since I didn't even know when I would be able to apply, let alone when I might arrive in New Zealand. Guess I'll have to see if it says on the website if they will accept previous version, otherwise I'll be spending all of tonight re-filling out the new version. (Noticed that the new version I also can't fill out the computer, and hand writing it takes forever!)