Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been here 7 months, time to move....

Default Been here 7 months, time to move....

So in a slightly backwards way, then time for a 'doing the move' diary.

As you may know, Mrs74 is still back in the UK. Well not for long. About 2 weeks ago then we hatched a plan for her to come over in early January. So tomorrow is her last day in work. And she's got to choose between a couple of jobs, both starting on the 17th Jan. We also need to book Crown to do the pack next week. For reference then Allied quoted $13k and Crown $16k, sole use 40 foot Manchester to Tauranga. Crown includes $1k of MAF fees, Alled doesn't include anything for MAF. That's about $3k up on the original quote last this time year.

Today we cracked Sky. Sadly she's not allowed to cancel it, for unknown reasons. I pity all the families who are left with sky for ever after the main account holder dies. Anyway, after Mrs74 is told she can't cancel despite being an authorised user (she can only add channels), then I simply get my Dad to call up and cancel. Same 'trick' worked for Orange.

Also tomorrow then the infamous non buyers are coming round again as they have now exchanged. So we'll see.

Last trip to the dentist for a checkup, as it's a lot cheaper even privately in the UK.

So a fair bit to do, both for Mrs74 and even for me from here. Ok, so mostly for her, but I can support and be 'helpful' from here

Congratulations and good luck.

Must be a great feeling to know that she will be with you again soon :-) congrats and good luck with the non-buyers lets hope they convert into Definate buyers, Take it the shipping prices you stated are NZ $ and not GB£ ?

Price in kiwi dollars yes.

Have serious doubts about the nutters. I've actually no reason to believe they have exchanged - a case of Peter crying wolf.

Happy news that you'll be reunited soon! Everything else will fall into place one way or another.

God I still remember the frustration of trying to cancel things. I was still paying my 02 mobile bill (unwittingly) 2 years after I moved here.

You must be really happy that she is now coming, and good luck with your non- buyers!

And, Duncan, even if I don't know you personally and you could probably almost be my son agewise...., if you ever like to do the Graperide in Marlborough (my husband loved it and does it the third time next year), let me know and we will be able to offer you (and Mrs74, of course) a bed to sleep in!

Brilliant that your wife is finally coming over and good luck with selling the house!

Good to hear positive news Duncan. Good luck with everything.

Woohoo! Well at least you'll be together again soon

Fab that there are already jobs waiting for her over here, very fab indeed! The rest will follow eventually... maybe a rogue asteroid will obliterate the house. Def not traceable to you. Nope.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast